ASPOSE Grid 1.9.4.0 Not Working in IE9/FF4+

I am having an issue with my ASPOSE component not functioning correctly in IE9/FF4. When I try to reference the GridWeb.getCellValue(), GridWeb.getCellRow(), and GridWeb.getCellColumn() methods, I receive a null value even though I have data there. This does not occur in IE8 or newer.

How can I correct this issue?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and interest in Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please test your issue with the latest version, if it does not resolve the problem, then kindly create a sample project and post it here.

Please download: Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v2.5.3.2006

Kindly also have a look at Aspose.Cell for GridWeb offline projects and solution files, you can run them using Visual Studio 2005, 2008 or 2010. It will help you know how to use the new gridweb in your project.

Please download: Aspose.Cells.GridWeb C# Demos

For all demos in offline mode, please visit: Demos - Aspose.Cells for .NET

I would love to try it but my license has expired. Can I get an evaluation license so I can see if it it works or not. If so, I will purchase a new license.

Hi,

You would not need any Evaluation License for evaluating Aspose.Cells for GridWeb. It is Fully Functional in Evaluation Mode, the only thing is that it shows Extra Worksheet with Evaluation Warning.

I tried the new version and it did not correct the issue.

In IE9, the problem seems to be that the client function referenced in the OnCellUpdatedClientFunction is not firing. Here is my GridWeb control reference minus the style attributes.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We have logged your issue in our database. We will investigate this issue and soon give you a feedback on it or provide you a fix.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-28851.

Good news. Upon further investigation, the latest release of ASPOSE Grid 2.5.3.2006 does correct the issue of the OnCellUpdatedClientFunction not firing in IE9.

However, for some reason, when I load my Excel spreadsheet into the new version, much of the formatting of my spreadsheet has changed including formulas that are missing and cells not being color coded. Is there something I can do to revert to the old formatting as it was in version 1.9.4.0 while still taking advantage of the new version?

Hi,

Please create some simple web project using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb and replicating the problem you are facing. We will investigate into it and provide you a fix or solution.

A lot of the issues I'm seeing with my spreadsheet when moving from 1.9.4.0 to 2.5.3.2006 are related to the use of the obsolete WebCell.Style Property in my code.

In addition, there are several other issues I've noticed but have not been able to track down yet. For instance, my formulas aren't calculating and my spreadsheet now implements some auto-scrolling that I want to eliminate. I'm sure it's due to some different behaviors between the two versions. Is there a guide or a white paper available to assist with migrating my code to the new version?

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, you have to do the modification in your code by yourself according to the new APIs in Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

For reference a bit, check the documentation (Programmer’s Guide), e.g for general up gradation topic:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/upgrade-from-aspose-grid-web-to-aspose-cells-gridweb-control.html

Also, check the demos for complete reference:

Thank you.

Let me start with a simple question then. Why would an asterisk(*) appear next to my auto-inserted number in the grid? If I change the datatype to a string, the asterisk goes away but the formulas doesn’t get run.

Hi,

Kindly create a simple application with latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb, zip it and post it here to show the issue, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Although the update from 1.9.4.0 to the latest version does fix the IE9 incompatibility issue, it breaks a whole lot of functionality in my existing application to the point where I am chasing bugs everywhere. It's difficult for me to provide a sample project to you because of the scope and dependencies that my existing project has.

Is there a simple patch that can be applied to 1.9.4 to fix the IE9 issue rather than upgrading the whole component?

Hi,

I am afraid, you have to update your existing/previous code/solution accordingly to work with latest versions of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.
Moreover, I am afraid, we cannot include functionality to older vesion or provide fix for some older versions. You have to use our latest fix for your issue, there is no other alternative.

Thank you for understanding.