Aspose.Grid.Web 2.0.0.2001 not working in Internet Explorer 9

Hello there,

Any news on this subject? I have all my company pressuring me about this to the upcoming budgeting period.

Regards

Hi,

I think, this is not related with Aspose.Cells GridWeb, but I have forwarded it to our development team and logged it in our database.

Once we will get any update, we will let you know.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-28162.

Hi,

Can you provide me an estimated time for a solution? I ask this because we have a very limited time frame to close this problem and our IT Department might consider to switch to another technology if we don't find a fast solution.

Regards

Hi again,

I can send the zipped project if it helps troubleshooting the problem, but it has around 17 Mb. What's the best way for you to receive it?

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

To send large files, you can use Banckle File Sharing which is a service provided by Banckle (Aspose Venture).

Please follow these steps.

1. You can go to Banckle
  2. Get Registered
  3. Log-in and go to Banckle Apps.
  4. Select File Sharing [Top Left Corner]
  5. Upload your file
  6. Select the uploaded file and share it with any of your email addresses.
  7. You will receive an email with download link to your file.
  8. Paste that link in your post.
  9. We’ll be able to download your file.

Hi again.

Here it is. Please tell me after downloading it, so I can disable the link after.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks. I have downloaded your project, now you can delete/disable your link.

Hi,

We updated the project to the latest version following all the steps provided in the documentation. It's zipped in the attachment.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for your cooperation.

It is 19.8 MB project.

But Amjad has asked you to provide a simple project with Aspose.Grid.Web 2.0.0.2001 and update it with
Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v2.5.3 and if it
throws the SecurityException.

Thanks for your understanding.

I'm not sure if i'm understanding correctly. We had an issue about the security exception but we gave full trust to the .net application properties and it is gone. The problem is that we can't switch to other sheet now, and we also pointed that your own demos aren't working correctly in IE 9 with validations.

I will try to post 2 videos about this so you can see the problem in real time, one with the actual version and with the latest, maybe it helps.

Is there anything we can provide to help you?

Hi,

In attachment you have 2 videos.

The first one is with the current version (2.0.0.2001) and the IE 9 problem.

The second one has the latest version. The loading screen moves to the left and the sheet doesn't open.

Maybe it helps.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks. I have forwarded your videos to our developers. Hopefully, these will be helpful for them. Best wishes.

Hi,

We cannot run your DSV project, there are many SqlException raised. Your 2 videos are not helpful to us to locate the issues.

Please provide a simple project with Aspose.Grid.Web 2.0.0.2001 and update it with Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v2.5.3 and if it throws the SecurityException.

Will do but tell me something, your own demos have the same problem we're facing in the Aspose.Grid.Web 2.0.0.2001.

Try to insert a input value on the Custom Function row and you will see that the input cell will be full with red crosses. Can you explain me that behavior? How do you troubleshoot it and how can I do that on my side?

Thank you

Hi,

The demo is actually working fine. I have created a screenshot to explain you. It has comments on it. Please read.

Screenshot:

Check it with Internet Explorer 9 please. You are using Firefox.

Hi,

Do you have the same behavior with IE 9?

Hi,

I'm having the same problem here with IE9.

I also tried your website demo with IE9 and it didn't work.

Can you help me?

Ruben

Hi Ruben,

I have just installed IE9 on my machine and tried the demo you have mentioned. It didn’t work as expected [attached is a snapshot]. We are on a verge to upgrade our Demos with latest release of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb component. As soon as we upgrade them, we will let you know here.

We have just released Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v2.5.3.2006 [attached] with enhancements to support Google Chrome and IE9. Can you please test your requirement with this release and let us know your results?
First remove the dll reference of old version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb from your project and add the reference to new dll. Then remove the contents of acw_client folder and update it with the one included in zip archive. Hopefully, it will solve your problem. If not then please share your simplest project with us. We will look into it and provide you further guidance.

Thank you for your patience