Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Grid (Web): Wrapping of decimal values within a cell

I have a spreadsheet control with mutliple columns. Decimal values larger than 9 characters in width appear to trigger some sort of auto-formatting function that inserts an up/down scroll control and wraps the value, becoming unreadable.

Example: 97.600001 looks fine in the grid. 197.600001 wraps (see attached screen shot). The column width appears to be wide enough to handle longer numbers.

(In the attachment, see the row named 'X10', specifically the auto-formatted Nominal, Minimum and Maximum columns.)

Question: IS there any way to disable or turn off the auto-formatting when decimal values are longer than 9 characters?

Thank you for your time and attention

Eric

Hi Eric,

Please create a sample application to reproduce the issue and post it here. This will help us figure out the issue soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to create a sample application that you can use to analyze this issue. I would not know what files to send you or how to load usable data. The system I have loads data using SQL stored procedures.

I believe that if you open up a default Aspose.Grid spreadsheet object, define a cell as a Decimal1 cell, and type 123.456789 in it and save the data, you will see the behavior. You can see what it looks like in the screen shot above.

Thaniks again for you time and attention -

Eric

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well, I tested your issue with the latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb and it works fine. You may download and try the latest version from the following location.

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry231670.aspx

Also, to let you know, we have merged Aspose.Grid suite to Aspose.Cells for .NET now. We have Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop and Aspose.Cells.GridWeb controls.

Please check the document how you can use/upgrade to latest GridWeb control
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/upgrade-from-aspose-grid-web-to-aspose-cells-gridweb-control.html

See the relative assemblies for the Grid controls for API Reference:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/aspose.cells-for-.net-api-reference1.html

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us any time.

Thank you for the link. I loaded the update and still am experiencing the same behavior.

New question: If you look at the screen shot above, is there a setting somwhere that causes the cell to automatically imbed and display an up/down scroll object? You can see the object in the sixth row down, 4 columns over (column name = 'Nominal'). This object appears automatically when I click on the cell with a mouse - but only if the value in the cell is greater than 9 digits long).

I believe if I could just find that setting, this entire issue would be solved.

Thank You,

Eric

Hi Eric,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the feedback.

We have added your issue into our internal issue tracking system with issue id: CELLSNET-16419. We will further investigate it and get back to you soon.