Aspose Gridweb cell hangs if it has large data for edit

Hi,

We are displaying large data in Aspose Gridweb control(5000 rows, 150 columns), so it is displaying with scrollbar.

We are facing issue in edit mode, when we are trying to edit the 30th column by scrolling to right, immediately scroll is moving to first column. So we are not able to edit the cells after 30th column because whenever we are focusing on cells after 30th column scroll is moving to extream left(that means first column).

Please help us to resolve this issue asap.

Thanks,

Rajendar

Hi,

Please create a sample project, zip it and post it here to reproduce the issue on our end. Also, provide us your template file if you have any. We will check your issue soon.

We also recommend you to kindly try our latest version / fix v2.7.19.xxxx, you may get that version after installing the latest Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.0 package here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry472355.aspx

Thank you.

Please find attachment for sample code. It is very slow to edit the cells if we bind the large data.

WebForm2.aspx is the start page.

Thanks,

Rajendar

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue on our end. By the way, Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does not offer good performance when loading very large data set with a long list of columns especially. I have tested and It takes very long time to load the big matrix (5000 * 100 rows/records) on load. The performance is poor. I used the latest version Aspose. Cells.GridWeb v2. 7.19.2000. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41774” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.
Hi,

I think you may try the following workaround as mentioned below:
1) Use gridweb1.EditMode = false; -> gridweb1.WebWorksheets[0].SetAllCellsReadonly();
2) Use gridweb1.EditMode = true; -> gridweb1.WebWorksheets[0].SetAllCellsEditable();

The methods SetAllCellsReadonly and SetAllCellsEditable will cause performance issues.

Worksheet level only - you may try:
gridweb1.WebWorksheets[0].IsProtected = true;
gridweb1.WebWorksheets[0].IsProtected = false;

Thank you.

Hi,

Also, for large data/cells to be imported/filled, you should set var needInitAligmentAdjust=false; (in “acwmain.js” file) to skip alignment adjustment at loading time.

Thank you.

Hi

Thanks for your response, we can live with the slow performance, but the cell jumping is kind of annoying. Has no one reported this before?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a grid with a large number of rows/columns so you have both horizontal and verticall scroll bars.

2. Scroll on the gridweb to reach a cell which is outside of default visible area.

3. The moment we click on any such cell, the gridweb bounces back to the top or the left while the focus still remains on the cell we clicked. User has no idea that the cursor is still on that cell as it goes out of vision.

This behaviour is causing great difficulties in data entry! Is there anyway to resolve it? Appreciate any help that we can get to resolve this asap..

Hi,

I used your project after updating the “acwmain.js” file and your code a bit as per my previous posts. Now when I run it in the browser like Google chrome, I am not able to find your mentioned issues. I exercised several times, by clicking/selecting the cells outside of the visible area (in the rightmost column’s cells), I find a bit delay to input or update any value but does not spot the issue as you have talked about (i.e. it will navigate you to other while the focus remains on the cell etc.).

Thanks,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please let us know what changes you did for acwmain.js file.

Hi,

I just updated to set “var needInitAligmentAdjust=false;” (in “acwmain.js” file) to skip alignment adjustment at loading time.

Thank you.

Hi

We checked based on your suggestion and its working great on Chrome, but its not working like that in IE8. Unfortunately most of the users of our application are on IE8. Could you check it on IE8 and let us know if you are facing the same problem and if there is a fix for it?

Appreciate your help again!

Hi,

We will check your issue on IE8 and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have tested your project in IE, it works fine. Please find attached the demo video for reference.

Thank you.

Thanks for reply.

When I am checking in local scroll bar is not giving any problem, but when deployed on Server scroll bar issue is still there.

Please find HTML version of the Server code where you can reproduce the issue.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and html version of the code segments.

Well, generally if it works fine on your local machine, it should work equally fine on the server or when the solution is deployed on the server. Anyways, we have logged your files to attach against your existing issue id “CELLSNET-41774”. We will evaluate it further if we could find something for the issue. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please use this updated “acwmain.js” file, it should work fine for your issue.
Also, for performance account, you should try to change:
needInitAligmentAdjust=true -> needInitAligmentAdjust=false

Thank you.

any update on this issue.

If No, how long it will take it to solve the issue?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. Your issue is in progress. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Please try the suggestion with the updated acwmain.js file (attached in the post) in the previous post in this thread. It should fix the scroll bars issue:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/92363

Let us know your feedback.

Thamk you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41774) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.