Aspose Gridweb hangs for large volume of data

Hi,

We are using Aspose Gridweb to display data which has 500 rows and 60 columns.

But it is taking very long time while editing cell and moving from one cell to other.

Is there anyway to improve performance.

Thanks,

Rajendar

Hi,

Well, for large data/cells to be imported/filled into the GridWeb, you should set: “var needInitAligmentAdjust=false;” (in “acwmain.js” file) to skip alignment adjustment at loading time if it may improve the performance to some extent. Surely, when you load a long list of data with lots of columns (especially), it would require resources and take some time.

Also, you may get references from your other post:
<a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/92363

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

We are ok if it is taking time while loadin, but when we are trying to edit particular cell it is taking long to enter any value and sometimes total grid hangs.

Can you please provide us any solution to improve the performance for edit when larg volume data is loaded.

Hi,

Please create a sample project, zip it and post it here to reproduce the issue on our end. Also, provide us your template file if you have any. We will check your issue soon.

Also, please check your other thread and follow the workarounds suggested there for your reference:
<a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/92363

Thank you.

Please find attachment for sample project.

try to edit any cell and try to move to other cell. It will take long time to respond.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project

I have tested your project, it works absolutely fine, there is no delay when I update or insert some value into a cell and navigate to other cell either by clicking on next cell or by using right-arrow key, both ways work fine and there is no delay at all.

Thank you.

I given the sample with less number of rows, but we actually we have more records and we have lot of formulas in cells.

Please find attachment for sample project with more records.

Hi,

Thanks for the updated project.

After an initial test, I am able to find the issue as you mentioned by running your newly attached /updated project. First of all, the data takes very long time to be loaded into GridWeb. Once we enable editing cells, then update any cell value and click on any other cell or press mouse arrow key to navigate to other cells, it takes some time to do the task. We need to investigate the issue on our end. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41794” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

any update on this issue.

If No, how long it will take it to solve the issue?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comment. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

We tried the below code (300200 records - normal matrix) in IE8 and it works fine.
e.g
for (int i = 0; i < 300; i++)
{
for (int j = 0; j < 200; j++)
{
gridweb1.WebWorksheets[0].Cells[i, j].PutValue(“Cell” + i.ToString() + j.ToString());
}
}

I am afraid, we might not support so large data in GridWeb i.e…, 5000100 at the moment. If we support it in future, we will update you here.

Thank you.