Aspose incompatible with Office 2002

Hi,
I’m using Aspose words for JAVA. The generated documents cause Word 2002 (Version 10.2627.2625) to crash and/or repair the documents.

I’ve attached a sample document that causes Word 2002 to crash.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your source document (before processing it with Aspose.Words) and provide me code, which will allow me to reproduce the problem?

Which version of Aspose.Words do you use?

Best regards.

I’ve attached the used template document.
Just opening it and saving it is enough to create an offending document:

Document doc = new Document(“template.docx”);
doc.save(“minimal.doc”, SaveFormat.DOC);

The version I’m using is 3.0.1

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. You will be notified as soon as the issue is resolved.

Best regards.

Hi Niels,

I investigated this issue a bit deeply and found that the problem does not occurs after installing SP3 for Word 2002. Maybe, as a workaround, you can install this service pack.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

Are you going to work on the fix for that or SP3 is your solution for the issue. I have exactly the same problem.

Regards,

Wojtek

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, this issue is still unresolved. It is difficult to provide you a reliable estimate regarding it at the moment.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2669) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.