Aspose installation required on web server?

Hi,

I'm using Aspose.Cells 4.5.0(for .Net) in a web application to export data to an excel file funcationality. I have installed Aspose on my developer machine long back and have the developer license key file as well. I have embedded the license file in the code and my aspose dlls will be referred from the bin folder of my project .

So, now while deploying the web application, do I need to install Aspose on the Web server as well? Please advise.

Please note that the Aspose dll will be available in the bin folder of my project out put and aspose license key file is embedded in my code for authentication.

Thanks,

Das.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Aspose.Cells for .NET is just a dll, .NET framework assembly.

You can either register Aspose.Cells assembly in your GAC (Global Assembly Cache) or you can just leave it in your Bin folder.

Since, Aspose.Cells for .NET is in your Bin folder, so you do not now need to register in GAC.

Your deployment should work fine without any problem with the current settings as you have mentioned.

Hi,

Well, you don’t need to install Aspose.Cells for .NET package your web server using its MSI Installer package. All you need to do is install .NET framework (e.g v1.x or 2.x or above) on your server accordingly. you only need to copy Aspose.Cells.Dll with your project. Also when you simply deploy the project (e.g using VS.NET environment) having Aspose.Cells.Dll, the license file (*.lic file) is not copied over the destination, so you may copy the license file later. Also, you may rename the .lic file to some other extension (e.g xml, by opening the file into notepad) and also update your licensing code to refer to your updated file, now when you deploy the project, you don’t need to copy the license file anymore now.

Also, make sure that your project (deployed over web server) should run in Full Trust mode.

Thank you.