Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose JAVA cell - Issue with exporting to html format- slicer wont appear

I am using “aspose-cells-8.2.1.4.jar” version and excel 2013.
Please find attached excel _F1.xlsx which has a pivot table, slicer on that and a chart.

When I export the xlsx into html I dont get to see any of the following:
* pivot table fields
* slicers
* report filters
* filters in chart area

Are these not supported when exported to html?
If yes, what is going wrong in here?

Thanks,
–Yash

Hi,

Thanks for the template file and some details.

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.4.0:

I have tested your scenario/ case with it using your template file with the following sample code. I can see a few issues especially regarding Slicer control which is not rendered fine in the output HTML file. We will log a ticket for it soon. There is not any significant issue with the Pivot Chart and Pivot Tables though which are rendered Ok. If you still find the issue for Pivot Chart and Pivot Table as well, kindly do provide a screen shot comparing the original PivotTable and PivotChart with output HTML file and highlight the problematic areas encircling in red color, we will check it soon.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("_F1.xlsx");
workbook.save(“f:\files\out1.html”, SaveFormat.HTML);

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for your response.
Will try it out and get back to you in case of any concerns.

Regards,
–Yash

When can we expect the resolution for proper rendering of slicers, report filters, pivot table fields and chart filters?

Regards,
–Yash

Hi,

Did you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.4.0 and what is the result?
kindly do provide a screen shot to highlight the problematic areas encircling in red color while comparing the original PivotTable and PivotChart (in the template file) with output HTML file, so we could evaluate it soon.

Thank you.

Tried the latest version that you had provided.
Original PivotTable is fine. PivotChart come up fine but has no interactions.
Other issues are listed in my above post.

Please find the excel and exported html in the attachment.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and trying out latest version/fix: v8.4.0 (JAVA).

As I already observed the issue regarding Slicer control as you mentioned by using your template
file to convert to HTML via Aspose.Cells APIs. The slicer controls in
the template file (MS Excel 2010 shows it correctly) are not rendered in
the output HTML file format at all.

e.g

Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("_F1.xlsx");

workbook.save("f:\\files\\out1.html", SaveFormat.HTML);

I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSJAVA-41245" for this issue into our database. We will look into it and figure it out soon.

Regarding your other findings, i.e., Pivot Table's report filters, I am afraid, if you could render the Excel file to HTML manually in MS Excel, those PivotTable report filters are also not rendered at all, you may confirm this by viewing the output HTML (by MS Excel) file into the browser (IE). Well, Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards and specifications, so it cannot render the Pivot table's filters buttons in the report.
Furthermore, regarding PivotChart's filters, these are not rendered in the output HTML file by Aspose.Cells APIs, MS Excel does render PivotChart's report filters in the output HTML file though but these are static text and not action buttons in the output HTML when viewing into the browser. So, rendering PivotChart's report filter buttons won't help you much.

Thank you.

@icreate.in

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue “CELLSJAVA-41245” now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@icreate.in,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v18.7.1.

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41245) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 18.8. You can also get the latest Aspose.Cells for Java version from Maven repos. with simple configurations. Please see the document for your reference: https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsjava/Installation

This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi