Convert Word DOCX to HTML Fast by Specifying Meta-File Rendering Mode as BITMAP using Java

Hi,

I have a license for ASPOSE Total Java. When I tried to convert the below-attached word document to HTML, it took more time than expected for conversion. The original file size is 2.3 MB, but the created HTML is 67MB. Which itself takes a lot of time to open in the browser. Can somebody please help me with this topic.

WalterHenryDollente HIM 615 Wk1 VAsystem.docx.zip (2.0 MB)

@renjithmalliath,

We have logged your problem in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSNET-19627. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks @awais.hafeez. Is there any ETA for the response? Because it is a blocker for us to push our changes in production.

@renjithmalliath,

Your issue (WORDSNET-19627) is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. There are no estimates available at the moment. Once the analysis of this issue is completed, we may then be able to calculate and share the ETA with you. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@renjithmalliath,

Regarding WORDSNET-19627, we need more information from your end to be able to investigate this issue further. The created HTML document that we got on our end has only 23KB, rather than 67MB. The test runs/completes on our end in about 9-10 seconds, and the created document is being opened in a browser immediately. Is the drive where you are loading/saving documents a network drive or not? Please also share the Aspose.Words generated 67MB HTML file that is produced on your end for further testing? You can ZIP the HTML file and upload the ZIP file to Dropbox and share the Download link here for testing. Thanks for your cooperation.

@awais.hafeez
I tried to save to my local drive only. I am attaching the sample code I used for conversion.
WordToHtml.java.zip (1.2 KB)

@renjithmalliath,

Please also share the Aspose.Words generated 67MB HTML file that is produced on your end for further testing? You can ZIP the HTML file and upload the ZIP file to Dropbox and share the Download link here for testing. Thanks for your cooperation.

@awais.hafeez
Please see below drop box link.

@renjithmalliath,

Thanks for the additional information. We have logged these details in our issue tracking system ad will keep you posted on any further updates.

@renjithmalliath,

Regarding WORDSNET-19627, we have completed the work on your issue and concluded to close this issue with “Not a Bug” status. You need to export with the following option that should solve the problem on your end:

Document doc = new Document("E:\\Temp\\input.docx");

HtmlFixedSaveOptions options = new HtmlFixedSaveOptions();
options.getMetafileRenderingOptions().setRenderingMode(MetafileRenderingMode.BITMAP);

doc.save("E:\\Temp\\20.3.html", options);

Hope, this helps.

Thanks @awais.hafeez, its working great. Thank you so much!!!