We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose license after Windows reinstall

We have a project using Aspose.Words and I did a clean install of Windows 10 on my PC, previously Win8.1).

The source code was installed from external source control and the project builds and runs as expected. However when I create a document it contains the warning about an evaluation licence. It didn’t do this before.

The source code that sets the licence is unchanged, the license file is an embedded resource in the newly built executable, and I can see with reflector that it is a resource and matches the license I purchased.

The license expired earlier this year, but Aspose.Words.dll came from our source control and is the original one we used.

Any idea what I’m missing?

Thanks
David.

Hi David,


Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to mention a few points here:

  • Make sure your call to SetLicense gets executed. Step through in the debugger.
  • Make sure your code does not catch an exception thrown by Aspose.Words licensing code. For example, Aspose.Words will throw if it cannot find the license.
  • Make sure the input documents do not already have the evaluation message. Aspose.Words does not delete existing evaluation messages.
  • Make sure SetLicense is executed before you instantiate any Document object.

Also, please try creating a separate standalone console application to see if you still manage to reproduce the same problem with it.

Best regards,

Awais

Now fixed.

We used a file to cache documents and discovered a case where loading an existing cache happens before the licence call. This case coincided with my reinstall of Windows so I was fooled into thinking that was the cause.

Thanks for your suggestions.

David.

Hi David,


Thanks for your feedback. It is great you were able to find what you were looking for. Please let us know any time you have any further queries.

Best regards,