Aspose Memory Consumption and Timeout issue

Hi,

We’ve an issue with Aspose running on WebSphere Application
Server. We’re using Aspose Words for Java (14.3.0) to process word
documents. Application merges several word documents, inserts TOC,
headers/footers and finally converts the final merged document to PDF.

We’ve noticed timeouts while running above processes on a call to document.save() and/or Document doc = new Document().
We increased the limit from 120 s to 300 s which allowed us to run the
process a couple of times before throwing the exception again.

Increasing the
limit and/or bumping up the memory is not a viable option and this is
really hampering the testing and performance.

I’ve attached a document
containing the stacktrace. Please reach out to me further information is needed.

Thanks.
Luckie

Hi Luckie,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 14.7.0 from the following link. I hope, this helps:

Secondly, it is quite difficult to answer such questions because performance and memory usage all depend on complexity and size of the documents you are generating. Please note that during processing, the document needs to be held wholly in memory. Therefore, memory and CPU usage are dependent on document size and document complexity. it is better to use few small documents instead of one huge document.

In case the problem still remains, please attach your input Word document you’re getting this problem with here for testing. Also, please share the complete source code to be able to reproduce the same problem on our end. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,