ASPOSE.Network 6.9 cannot license

I am trying to upgrade to the Aspose.Network+for+.NET+6.9.0 version of Aspose.Network, but it seems the License object was removed. Previously I called

var lic = new Aspose.Network.License();

but this is now a compiler error. Has the license system changed for Aspose.Network? Also, I want to confirm that in this new version, there is not a separate 32 and 64 bit DLL (like previous versions).

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

If you were previously using Aspose.Network for .NET component for email programming then you need to upgrade to Aspose.Email for .NET. Because recently Aspose.Network for .NET has been split into two products: Aspose.Email for .NET contains email programming features and Aspose.Network for .NET retains the network programming features. Please check the Technical Article for migration tips.

If you are using only the network programming related features then please keep using Aspose.Network for .NET.

Till further notice, Aspose.Network for .NET serves as free utility and does not require any License activation. That is why License related classes have been removed from this assembly. Moreover, there are no separate assemblies for x86 and x64 platforms. You can use the same assembly on both platforms without any problem. If you encounter any issue, please let us know.

Hope it helps. Please feel free to write back.

Where is the documentation for Aspose.Network? I only see an entry Aspose.Email in the documentation pane.

We are currently using Network 6.8.0.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

All the related topics have been moved from Aspose.Network to Aspose.Email. You may either refer to the online documentation (Aspose.Email) or the chm file that comes with the Aspose.Network installer, you can find it in the installation folder.