Aspose.Network stucks with some email message

Hi,

I just discovered in my system Aspose ImapClient have been stop working while it Fetches some emails. I couldn't find any reason, My application process thousands of emails and it seem that email which causes issue is same as others. and when FetchMessage method stucks, my application start consume a lot of CPU power ( %50 cpu process in task manager ). My Question is there any timeout option for FetchMessage Method so I can use and implement workaround for my issue?

Bulent

Aspose.Network.dll version 5.5
Windows 2008

Hi Bulent,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Could you please try the latest version of Aspose.Network v5.6 as we fixed some Imap related issues in this release. If you are using 64 bit 2008 Server, please use the dlls from Aspose.Network.x64.zip.

Hi,

I already tried 5.6 version but same result. I was using 32 bit aspose dll with 32 bit applicaion on 64. bit server, I will convert that to 64 bit aspose dll with 64 bit application and try again. I will keep you posted.

Hello Saqib,

I tried everything you said but it did not work. So I want to ask again, Is there any way to do timeout for fetchmessage method?

I have 2 example email in my exchange server which cause this issue. But When I try to relocate those emails in some other PST file or format ( like .msg file ) I can't reproduce the issue anymore, but If keep therese emails in same mailbox then I can reproduce this issue again and again. So I couldn't find any way to send these example emails. Do you have any suggestion?

Bulent

Hi Bulent,

I am sorry, there is no way to do timeout for FetchMessage() currently. I have also added a new feature request in our system (ID: 20217) for adding a timeout property for fetch message. We will look into it in detail if it could help in this case.

Regarding the examples messages, it might still help us if you could send these messages to us in MSG format (saved via MS Outlook). You may zip and send using the above “Contact” button and selecting “send saqib.razzaq an email”.

Do you have a timeout method now?

Hi,

I am sorry, such method is not yet available. We will inform here when it is implemented.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 20217) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.