[ Aspose.OMR ] [ Xamarin.Forms ] - System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Operation is not supported on this platform

Hello, @wilton

We have published a new version of Aspose.OMR for .NET - 24.2.1.
Main change was extended support for small and large scans.

Share with us - did it solved issue with compressed images?

Hello @nikita.korobeynikov,

With this update I can extract from smaller images, is that it?

Answering your question, I’m using a tool to scan the photo and cut the image from the document, so I set the size of the final image to 1200x1800, I’m able to extract the information.

Thank you very much for your help so far

@nikita.korobeynikov

About taking a photo and correctly cropping the document, does aspose have any mobile support for this? I’m using a third-party library because I didn’t find this functionality in aspose. Because without this, there is no way to extract the answers from the answer sheet.

@wilton

Please let us investigate against your feedback and we will get back to you soon.

Hello, @wilton
I have consulted with colleagues - there is no such feature present in OMR or OCR product lines. At the current moment, the best results achieved with scans, where OMR list takes 4\5 of the final image.

There is a TextInWild plugin for OCR, but it targets text, not OMR lists.

For your particular case, I would recommend using phone camera API to look for five black reference points around the corners of the OMR list and zoom to them.