Aspose PageBreaks not matching with WordObjectModel Page breaks

Hi,

We are using RenderedDocument class to read the content of the document.but we have issue in identifying the page breaks identification within the document. we are expecting to get the page breaks at the place where the each page will end in the word object model but some page breaks are matching with the word object model but some are not, So can any one help me to fix this issue so that I can get the page breaks same as word object model.

we are using Aspose.Words v17.1.0.0. I have attached the sample file as well to reproduce the issue.
Below is the sample code.

RenderedDocument layoutDoc = new RenderedDocument(AsposeDocument);
foreach (RenderedPage page in layoutDoc.Pages)
{
}

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14844. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello Tahir,

When we can expect the solution for this issue?

Regards,
Gayatri

Hi Gayatri,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that your issue has been postponed. I am afraid, there is no estimate available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as there are any further developments.

Hi Tahir,

May i know the status on this issue ?

Thanks,
Gayatri
Hi Gayatri,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that your issue has been postponed. I am afraid, there is no estimate available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as there are any further developments.

Hi Tahir,

Can I have any update on this?
Hi Gayatri,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is still postponed. We have asked for the ETA of your issue from our product team. As soon as any information is shared by them, we will be more than happy to share that with you.

We are really very sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Can you tell me when this issue can be fixed.

Hi Gayatri,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are in communication with our product team about the ETA of this issue. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available from our product team.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi Tahir,

We are using the licensed version of Aspose. Can you tell me to whom we can escalate this to get this work done by ASAP.

Thanks,
Gayatri
Hi Gayatri,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have raised the priority of your issue, however, complex issues can take more time to fix them. We are in communication with our product team on this issue and will update you as soon as the ETA is available.

We are really very sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Team,

Do we have the ETA for the mentioned issue? We are in the release time for our product could you please provide the ETA for this issue as we need to update to our business team.

Thanks,
Gayatri
Hi Gayatri,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We have received response from our product team about your issue. Your issue is related to footnote continuation notice. Microsoft has dropped this feature in late MS Word versions. The input document is in compatibility mode. So, it is rendered differently in output PDF.

Most probably we will not fix this issue as Microsoft has also dropped it. We are sorry for your inconvenience.
Hi Tahir,

Thank you for the information.

Our issue is to get the Page break from the document in the same way how it is happening in microsoft word object model.We need understand how it is related to footnote continuation notice, and also we wanted to understand why Microsoft has dropped this.

Thanks,
Gayatri
Hi Gayatri,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are in communication with our product team about your query. As soon as any information is shared by them, we will be more than happy to share that with you.

Hi Tahir,

Can I get any updates on this.

Thanks,
Gayatri
Hi Gayatri,

Thanks for your patience. Microsoft has dropped this feature in new releases of Office. It might be due to the fact that it is underused. However, Microsoft can better comment on this.

The continuation notice affects height of the page available for content of the columns. Since Aspose.Words does not support notices it assumes that space is available, but Word subtracts this space and thus has less space for content which leads to content being pushed to the following pages.

Our provide team is working over this feature and might be able to fix it. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this feature. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi,

We got the Reply from aspose team, that they have update the version to 17.7 and fixed the issue.We checked it and found that the issue is fixed if we have footnotes in the document.We have some document with hyperlink, for them the page_break is still not coming correctly. PFA of sample documentSample Document.zip (32.9 KB)

@Gayatri_K,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your issue was related to page layout. We have converted the shared document to PDF using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 17.7 and have not found the shared issue. Please check the attached output PDF. 17.7.pdf (104.8 KB)