Aspose.PDF 24.2

I did not get this , do you mean that you will share a link with me ? if yes I could not seen any link yet.Please share link.

@manish.kushwaha

If you need to attach some data (you mentioned a project) the size of which exceeds what is allowed on the forum, you can place this data in the cloud and attach a link to it.

Dear Aspose Team,

We are reaching out to seek your assistance regarding compatibility and migration issues we are facing with our code that utilizes Aspose.pdf.

We have attached a zip files - (Please refer link - TesAsposePDF_DotNet.zip - Google Drive )for your reference. The first file, “TestAsposePDF_3.1,” contains our working code that uses .NET Core 3.1 and Aspose.pdf version 17.2. The second file, “TestAsposePDF_8.0,” uses .NET 8 and Aspose.pdf version 17.2, which is incompatible with .NET 8.

We kindly request the following support from your team:

Code Analysis: We would appreciate it if your development team could run the code and identify the exact challenges we are facing. We are seeking a solution that does not require changing the end output of the generated PDF.

Case 1 - Working Solution: We would like you to run the working solution and review our code structure and expected output.

Case 2 - Non-working Solution: We would like you to run the non-working solution and investigate the exception that occurs after migrating the code to .NET 8 with Aspose.pdf 17.2. The exception message we receive is: “Could not load file or assembly ‘zx_81915cb898d540d78da9001c47f49726, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’. General Exception (0x80131500).”

Solution for Case 2: We kindly request a working code for the migrated version in .NET 8, using the appropriate version of Aspose.pdf that will generate the same PDF output as in Case 1.

If there are any license constraints associated with the requested support, please provide us with the pricing details and the process to procure the necessary licenses. It is important to note that this application is maintained by a single developer.

To assist you further, we have outlined the steps for each case below:

Case 1 - Working Solution:

Unzip the “TestAsposePDF_3.1” file to your local drive or project folder path.
Open the solution file (TestAsposePDF_3.1.sln) in Visual Studio, compatible with .NET Core 3.1.
Click on “Run” to execute the code.
The expected PDF should be generated inside the project folder path under the “GeneratedPDF” directory.
Case 2 - Non-working Solution:

Unzip the “TestAsposePDF_8.0” file to your local drive or project folder path.
Open the solution file (TestAsposePDF_8.0.sln) in Visual Studio, compatible with .NET Core 8.0.
An exception occurs with the following message: “Could not load file or assembly ‘zx_81915cb898d540d78da9001c47f49726, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’. General Exception (0x80131500).”
Expectation for Case 2:

Unzip the “TestAsposePDF_8.0” file to your local drive or project folder path.
Open the solution file (TestAsposePDF_8.0.sln) in Visual Studio, compatible with .NET Core 8.0.
The expected PDF should be generated inside the project folder path under the “GeneratedPDF” directory, matching the output of Case 1 (TestAsposePDF_3.1 solution).
We greatly appreciate your prompt attention to this matter. If you require any further information or clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We look forward to your support and resolution.

Thanks

@manish.kushwaha
The latest supported now is .Net 7. You can use .NET 7 version in .NET 8. Development team plan to release .NET 8 support in coming months.
I downloaded the archive you attached, tomorrow I will study it and write to you.

@sergei.shibanov , Could you please update your finding.

Thanks
Manish Kushwaha

@manish.kushwaha
I understood your idea - switch to .Net 8 with the version 17.1 library and, accordingly, the old license. But for project .Net 8 it is not possible to connect a license. I have clarified this situation with the development team and will create an appropriate task for them.
However, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that in the version 17.1 library there cannot be a version for .Net 8 and with this approach there may be further difficulties.

@manish.kushwaha
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-56895

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@manish.kushwaha
I created an issue PDFNET-56895 regarding the license for the version 17.1 library in a .Net 8 project. But I repeat once again - I think this is the wrong approach. It would be more correct to receive an addition for working Document.BindXML() with old XML, take the new library and work with it.

According to the rules, transferring/storing licenses in cloud storage is not allowed - please delete the previously downloaded archive (which contains licenses).

We have provided two copies
Reference copy(The first file, “TestAsposePDF_3.1 – Dot net framework 3.1 + Aspose.pdf 17.2) – This is working copy for reference purpose, provided input XMLs , generate output PDF format.
Expected solution (The second file, “TestAsposePDF_8.0 - Dot net framework 8.0 + Aspose.pdf 17.2 ) – which is currently non-working

Our requirements is from expected solution (The second file, “TestAsposePDF_8.0) - you can use any version of Aspose PDF , the only thing is PDF output generate should be same as reference copy (No change in Input XMLs and Output PDF format).

We don’t have any concern regarding the solution approach we are ok to go with license/paid service, suggestion should come from your side only
Please let me know if you can fix this by using any temporary license or any standard approach to fix this.

@manish.kushwaha
56786inTracker.png (26.6 KB)
In the attached screenshot is the task that created to development team, the solution of which you need (if I wrote something wrong, correct me). The development team takes to work tasks in accordance with priorities (first of all) and queue. If you want to speed up work on your task, you should purchase paid support. This will increase the priority of the task. I won’t promise that it will be solved immediately (some task are difficalt) - but it will be dealt with much earlier.
In addition to create task, I wrote that you are really looking forward to its solution (and in personal correspondence that the user has a problem due to the lack of backward compatibility) - that’s all I can do.
And when the problem is solved, you will need to purchase a license for the latest version of the library (because updates are not made for older versions).

Dear Team,

Thank you for your assistance and please keep us updated about the task that is created to Aspose development team.

According to Aspose sales team, we are required to purchase a license for aspose.pdf along with paid support. It has been communicated that paid support cannot be obtained separately.

I would like to confirm whether the license, when purchased along with paid support, will be applicable for any version of aspose.pdf that is compatible with .net 8. It is important for us to ensure that the license is not specific to a particular version. In the event that a different compatible version for .net 8 is discovered later on, we want to avoid incurring additional license costs.

@manish.kushwaha
We plan to release .NET 8 support in the coming months. Now you can use .NET 7 version in .NET 8.
Existing licenses will also be valid for .NET 8, the API should remain the same. The previous addition of .Net 7 went through without any special issues.

Dear Aspose Team,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have a few follow-up questions:

Could you please provide an estimated timeline for the release of Aspose.PDF version for .NET 8? It would be helpful for our planning purposes.

If I purchase a license for version 24.2 of Aspose.PDF for .NET 7, and a new version is released for .NET 8 in the future, will my existing license for version 24.2 be valid for the new version? In other words, will I be able to use the same license for both versions?

Regarding the Developer OEM license for version 24.2, if I purchase it for one year, will I be able to continue using version 24.2 in subsequent years without any additional payment? Or will I need to renew the license every year? If there is a need for purchase of just one year, could you please clarify when the licensing purchase needs to be done? Is it required for every new version, such as when switching from version 24.2 to new released version - .NET 8 ?

Thank you for your assistance.

@manish.kushwaha

The development team plans to do this in the first half of this year.

The license is valid for working with the library. And when a version for .Net 8 appears in the library, you will not need to do anything additional; the version for .Net 8 will also be supported by the current license. And the version for .Net Framework 4, by the way. is planned to be removed from the package (if it is not already excluded).

For other questions, I will clarify (suddenly something has changed) and write to you tomorrow.
Why, by the way, are we talking about version 24.02 and not 24.03?

@manish.kushwaha
As far as I know, a license is purchased for a period of one year, during this period you can use new versions of the library and then use the version (or version + priority period) for which the license was purchased indefinitely.

You can get current and detailed information at Policies - Purchase - aspose.com

Please confirm how soon you can deliver the changes as per our discussion if we have paid service with license

@manish.kushwaha
I cannot promise you any firm deadlines.

Regarding the library’s support for .Net 8

Regarding the task PDFNET-56786: Not able to perform BindXml for XML files made with library 17.1 version - I can’t give a time frame, I can only say that the task will be solved faster.

[quote=“sergei.shibanov, post:38, topic:280599”]
Regarding the task PDFNET-56786: Not able to perform BindXml for XML files made with library 17.1 version - I can’t give a time frame, I can only say that the task will be solved faster.
[/quote] - Is the team fixing on Aspose PDF 17.1 or any latest version like 24.2 ?

@manish.kushwaha
Nothing will be done with version 17.1 - that’s for sure. I see the solution as adding the BindOldXml method or something else. The development team will be watching this.
Code changes are made in newly released versions of the library.

Could you please confirm which latest version code changes are released ?