Aspose PDF 4 documentation?

Hi,

Is there some place where I can download the documentation for Aspose PDF v4? I have a requirement to do a couple of things:

1) Output a line of text with a background color.

2) Output a page break.

I need to be able to do these two things with v4. I can't upgrade.

thanks,

David

Hello David,

Thanks for using our products.

I am afraid the version of product that you are using is quite old and it would be little difficult to share the documentation for that specific version. However almost all the features of older release versions have been migrated to new/recent releases. Please try using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 5.4.0 and I hope it will help to accomplish your requirements. In can you encounter any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

1) Output a line of text with a background color.
Please try using the following code snippet. Please take a look over the attached resultant PDF that I have generated.

[C#]

// create Pdf object
Pdf pdf = new Pdf();
// create section object and add it to PDF document
Section sec1 = pdf.Sections.Add();
// create a simple text object with sample string
Text Sample_Text = new Text("Hello World with BackGround color......");
// set the background color information for text object
Sample_Text.TextInfo.BackgroundColor = new Aspose.Pdf.Color("Yellow");
// add the text to paragraphs collection of Section
sec1.Paragraphs.Add(Sample_Text);
// Save the resultant PDF
pdf.Save("d:/pdftest/SampleText_with_BackGroundColor.pdf");

2) Output a page break.
In order to add a page break, please try using #$NP replaceable symbol. For more information, please visit Replaceable Symbols

Recently we have merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET so now you can use a single component to generate as well as manipulate/edit existing PDF documents. Please note that support/release of individual product versions (Aspose.Pdf for .NET pre 6.x and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET) will be stopped after October 2011. Please try using the new Merged API with release versions 6.0 and onwards. For more information, please visit

Download the latest release version of Merged API from Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.1.0.