Aspose PDF 508 compatability

Hi,

testfile.pdf (83.1 KB)

We are using Aspose 17.10.x and the generated PDF should be 508 compliant. To be precise, when I view the PDF using Acrobat Pro DC/Reader and use “Accessibility” check feature of PDF, it should not list error like “Tageed Content - Failed” , “Tab order - Failed”, “Tagged form fields - Failed”,“Fields description failed” etc.

Attached testfile.

Let us know which can be fixed which cannot.

@dotnet14,

It is the output PDF document. Kindly send us the complete details of the scenario, including source PDF, code and accessibility report. We will investigate and share our findings with you.

There is no source PDF, generated all the content dynamically and I cannot share the complete details of source code. But below is the sample which drives most of the logic. For your testing you can run below code in loop to generate X elements.

Document pdfDocument= new Document();

TextBoxField lblField = new TextBoxField(pdfDocument, new Rectangle(0, 0, 0, 0));

lblField.Name = "test";
                    lblField.PartialName =  "test";
                    lblField.DefaultAppearance.FontSize = 7;
                    lblField.Height = 10;
                    lblField.Width = 60;
                    lblField.Multiline = false;
                    lblField.ReadOnly = true;
                    lblField.Border.Effect = BorderEffect.None;

var pdftable = new Table();
Row row = new Row();
Cell cell = row.Cells.Add();
cell .Paragraphs.Add(pdftable );
dynamicPage.Paragraphs.Add(pdftable );

When I use “Read out loud” in Acrobat it doesn’t ready elements in sequentially. am I missing anything? used below logic
foreach (Page page in pdfDocument.Pages)
{
page.TabOrder = TabOrder.Row;
}

Question: does Aspose can generate 508 compliant PDF?

Found below link, is there any update on below enhancement.

if not supported, can it at least read elements in sequentially from left to right. if so how?

it doesn’t allow me to upload accessibility report. And even you can generate report from ur side(do full check it will generate report).

Thanks

@dotnet14,

There is no way to create 508 compliant PDF. We have logged a feature request to create and edit accessible PDF files under the ticket ID PDFNET-26512 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Kindly elaborate a bit more about the requirement like which type of the elements you need to extract from the PDF document. Please Zip your source PDF and accessibility report, and then upload to your reply post.

testfile.pdf.accreport.zip (2.0 KB)

Attached zipped file.

I’m not trying to extract any element. Let me xplain you again. All I’m doing is generating PDF dynamically using Aspose. Above shared code is the major logic for textboxes.

Below is the page structure.
1 table , 5 rows, 3 columns
column1(textFragment) = “zipcodes”
column2(textFragment) = “patients”
column3(Textboxfield) = “123”

repeat above cells for 5 rows. When I use Acrobat DC Pro View -> Read Out Loud -> Read this Page Only. I expect it should read from left -> right like zipcodes, patients, 123. But its not happening even after setting Taborder(shared code above). In other words, it should read content of Row1 first then Row2…so on.

I hope I’m clear enough for you to comeup with test code. Let me know if it is doable, and if you can share your code that will be helpful.

Thanks

@dotnet14,

We have tested your scenario with the latest version 17.11 of Aspose.Pdf for .NET API and reading feature of Acrobat table content from top left to bottom right. This is the output PDF: document_with_table_out.pdf (2.1 KB). Please try this output PDF, and then let us know how that goes into your environment.

As I mentioned above column3 should be like below
column3(Textboxfield) = “123” - here you have it as TextField change it to TextBoxField.

then try to ready it loud. After changing it to TextBoxField if it works can send me your sample code.

Thanks

@dotnet14,

We could not add a text box field in the table cell. We have already logged an investigation under the ticket ID PDFNET-43699 in our issue tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates. However, if you can add a text box field in the table cell, then please share the complete code and Aspose.Pdf for .NET API version.

any update on this?

@dotnet14,

The linked ticket IDs PDFNET-26512 and PDFNET-43699 are pending for the analysis and not resolved yet. Our product team will investigate as per their development plans. We will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

This appears to be a request going back at least until 2011 (PDFKITNET-25060 - Convert PDF file to a 508 compliant PDF, PDFKITNET-25059 - Check whether the PDF file is 508 compliant, PDFNET-26512, PDFNEWNET-25060).

Is there an available roadmap as to when these features are expected to be complete? We have a number of clients asking to generate 508 compliant PDF’s.

@colbyc,

We are getting details of the recent status, and will let you know soon in this thread. Besides this, we recommend our clients to post their critical issues (or ticket IDs) in the paid support forum. Please refer to this helping link: Aspose support options