Aspose PDF - capabilities

I have some questions on the capabilities of Aspose PDF for .Net. Can it convert xls or xlsx into PDF? If I have newer versions of PDF, would I be able to convert those to say version 4? I need the PDFs to print on the commercial printers and they normally only take version 4 so all documents and pdfs need to be the same version (version 4).
How does the Trial works? Is it fully functional? What are the limitations?

Thanks

Fauj:
I have some questions on the capabilities of Aspose PDF for .Net. Can it convert xls or xlsx into PDF?
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET provides the capabilities to create PDF files from scratch and it also supports the feature to manipulate existing PDF documents. However as per your requirement of converting XLS/XLSX files to PDF format, we recommend you to please try using Aspose.Cells for .NET which offers the capability to create/manipulate and render MS Excel workbooks to PDF format. For further details, please visit Converting to PDF Files

Fauj:
If I have newer versions of PDF, would I be able to convert those to say version 4? I need the PDFs to print on the commercial printers and they normally only take version 4 so all documents and pdfs need to be the same version (version 4).
Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to upgrade/downgrade the PDF file version. Please try using the following code snippet to accomplish your requirement.

[C#]

//open document<o:p></o:p>

Document pdfDocument = new Document("c:/pdftest/BookMark_output.pdf");

//Convert to PDF/A compliant document

pdfDocument.Validate("c:/pdftest/Validation_log.xml", PdfFormat.v_1_4);

pdfDocument.Convert("c:/pdftest/Conversion_log.xml", PdfFormat.v_1_4, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

//save output document

pdfDocument.Save("output.pdf");

Fauj:
How does the Trial works? Is it fully functional? What are the limitations?

The trial version provides the complete set of features as offered by licensed version except for the fact that some the functionalities have some limitations on processing certain number of document elements and the output generated with trial version contains an evaluation watermark which does not appear when using licensed version. You may also request a 30 days temporary license to test our components without any limitations.