ASPOSE.PDF Config

Hi,

I have an Aspose.TOTAL license and am trying to install manually, because the .msi files are not working. Now I can get Aspose.SLIDES to work but none of the others seem to work. Aspose.PDF rendering exstension is not available and Aspose.CELLS exports but still has watermark for license pending. I'm attaching my config files for both SSRS 2008 and 2005. I have the DLL files and License file in these respective folders.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies

Thanks,

Parag

Hello Parag,

Thanks for using our products.

I have gone through the configuration files and following are my observations.

RSReportDesigner.config inside VS+2005+Config+Files folder

The extension tag against Aspose.Pdf for ReportingServices component does not include / before the closing of tag. It should end as "/>.
RSPreviewPolicy.config inside VS+2005+Config+Files folder
The file only includes information related to Aspose.Cells for ReportingServices under tag and it does not include information for Aspose.Pdf for ReportingServices.

However the configuration files inside VS+2008+Config+Files does not include information related to Aspose.Pdf for ReportingServices. I would recommend you to please visit the following link for information on how Aspose.Pdf for ReportingServices can be manually installed. Install Manually.

In case you still face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Regarding Aspose.Cells for RS (licensing issue), please try copying Aspose.Total.lic into the following folder:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies".

In case you still face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused!.

Hi Amjad,

Not sure if you noticed this above but I do have both the license files and DLL's in both of those locations.

Hi Nayyer,

Can you please update the config files and reattach or tell me exactly what text needs to go where? I already understand what you're saying, but I can't get find anywhere that explains EXACTLY how to configure these files for Aspose.PDF. Your help page doesn't give any information other than do it how you did the others.

Thanks,

Parag

Hi ,

Please tell us where did you deploy Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

If you are integrating it into VS 2005, please copy Aspose.Total.lic into following folder : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies.

If you are integrating it into VS 2008, please copy Aspose.Total.lic into following folder : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies.

If you are integrating it into SSRS 2005, please copy Aspose.Total.lic into following folder :{MS SQL Server 2005 for Reporting Services}\ Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

If you are integrating it into SSRS 2008, please copy Aspose.Total.lic into following folder :{MS SQL Server 2008 for Reporting Services}\ Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin

Please pay attention to license file name spelling.

Hello Parag,

In case you need to use 2008 Report Designer (SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio which comes with SQL2008 Reporting Services), please add the following configuration string close to the end end of RSPreviewPolicy.config file.

<CodeGroup class="UnionCodeGroup" version="1" PermissionSetName="FullTrust" Name="Aspose.Pdf_for_Reporting_Services" Description="This code group grants full trust to the Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services assembly.">
<IMembershipCondition class="StrongNameMembershipCondition" version="1" PublicKeyBlob="00240000048000009400000006020000002400005253413100040000010001000734cc24bfcebd7aa8c6e2bf8af5c2b95c7a7e6092abb60d68a7d9efde285cf7dce7f354b44cf3064e8ad85bddfe405ad1e51855d9a1367c15cb34529988feeee0c3279caecdb6dfd7f94c5364d2bd282c4f93493d56d33df36f97da8fd71bb7dc4b0e7f1428b926291cdea7cec1085aa9cc0f6771e4fc2f5772603eee3afaaa" />
</CodeGroup>

Please note that the configuration information will be added before the following tags appear. Please note that the instructions are similar as specified over Install to Report Server except for the file names to be changed and their respective location (The above link shows information on how to update the SQL Report Server configuration files).

</PolicyLevel>
</policy>
</security>
</mscorlib>
</configuration>

Please add the following information in RSReportDesigner.config file.

<Extension Name="APPDF" Type="Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices.Renderer,Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices" />

The above information will be added under <Render> which itself comes under <Extensions> tag. Please take a look over following link which explains the details regarding these steps Install to Report Server. In case you still face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

This configuration seemed to work, but now I'm running into an issue where its not rendering properly. When I export using the native PDF rendering extension it works fine, but the aspose PDF rendering extension is not working.

Thanks,

Parag

Hello Parag,

I am glad to hear that the configuration issue is resolved. However. concerning to the other issue, can you please share some details on what specific problem you are encountering ? We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Sure some examples.

Title Page should have the title centered, which is how it renders in preview mode, and how it renders in native VS 2005. In Aspose.PDF the title comes out left aligned.

We have cases where we're combining a 2 charts side by side, now the second chart is almost off the page on right side. Again works perfect in native PDF export and preview.

We're color coding some of the background colors of our values. This color coding works, but when rendering with Aspose it inserts white lines. This happens in Aspose.PDF and Aspose.Slides as well.

I've attached a sample of native out of VS studio to pdf and Aspose from VS to pdf.

Thanks,

Parag

Hi Parag,

Thanks for sharing the details. Can you please share the source .RDL reports so that we can test the scenarios at our end. In case the reports are based over database, please share the data-sources. We apologize for your inconvenience.

I can share the RDL but I cannot share the data as it is bank sensitive data.

Hi Parag,

All the resource files including sensitive documents, data resources etc are only used for testing purposes and we remove the files once the test runs are complete. For your convenience, I have marked this forum thread as private so that no one else other than Aspose staff can access the resources shared in this forum thread. However if you are still not confident in sharing the resources, please try replicating the issue with report based over Adventure Works database.

FYI, you may also directly send us the resource files while following the instructions specified over following link. How to send a license?

In you require any further information, please feel free to contact.

Hello,

I'll see if I can put dummy data in some temp tables to get this to work. Unfortunately its against bank regulations for me to share any data outside the bank. I'll get something out here today.

Thanks,

Parag

Hello,

I've put together some scripts to enter dummy data into temp tables. The RDL is pulling from these temp tables. If you execute these scripts you should be able to run the RDL. Also attached is a sample of Aspose.PDF vs native PDF.

Thanks,

Parag

BankOfAmerica_Compliance:

Title Page should have the title centered, which is how it renders in preview mode, and how it renders in native VS 2005. In Aspose.PDF the title comes out left aligned.

Hello Parag,

Thanks for sharing the resource files. I have managed to reproduce the same problem and its been logged in our issue tracking system as PDFREP-31103. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction.

We have cases where we're combining a 2 charts side by side, now the second chart is almost off the page on right side. Again works perfect in native PDF export and preview.

We're color coding some of the background colors of our values. This color coding works, but when rendering with Aspose it inserts white lines.

I am afraid I am unable to observe this problem. Can you please share some details. Besides this, I have observed that spaces between table cells is not being honored. I have logged this problem as PDFREP-31104. We will further investigate this problem in details and will keep you posted on the status of correction. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

This happens in Aspose.PDF and Aspose.Slides as well.

I am moving this thread to respective forum and I believe my fellow workers taking care of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services would be in better position to share their thoughts.

When will these bugs be resoloved?

thanks,

Parag

Hi Parag,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Please accept my apology for late response. I am working with your .RDL file and will update you soon.

Hi Parag,

I have worked with your RDL file and successfully exported the PPT/PPTX files. Please find the exported files in attachment. Please share some more information about your issue related to Aspose.Slides. We really keen to help you but need some more information from your end.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFREP-31103;PDFREP-31104) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.