Aspose PDF Conversion

Hi

Dose Aspose.pdf support converting pdf to PS/PCL/EMF/WMF files?

Hi,

The current release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to convert PDF file to PS (postScript file), EMF and EMF formats but I am afraid it does not support the feature to convert the PDF file to PCL. We do have a support to convert PCL file to PDF format but the conversion of PDF to PCL is not supported. For further information, please visit

Please note that in order to convert PDF file into PostScript file, first you should install any PS printer and just print to file with the help of PdfViewer. You may follow the instructions specified over following link (ASK US, University of Hawaii System) on how to install PS printer.

The following code snippet produces Hello.ps from Hello.pdf.

[C#]

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer viewer = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer();

viewer.BindPdf(“Hello.pdf”);

//set PrinterSettings and PageSettings

System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings printerSetttings = new System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings();

printerSetttings.Copies = 1;

//set PS printer, one can find this driver in the list of preinstalled printer drivers in Windows

printerSetttings.PrinterName = “HP LaserJet 2300 Series PS”;

//set output file name and PrintToFile attribute

printerSetttings.PrintFileName = “d:/Hello.ps”;

printerSetttings.PrintToFile = true;
//disable print page dialog

viewer.PrintPageDialog = false;

//pass printer settings object to the method

viewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings(printerSetttings);

viewer.Close();

You may consider using [GSview](http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview) or any other software to view the PostScript files. In case of any further query, please feel free to contact. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi

Thanks for your reply
In .Net Framework System.Drawing.Image.Save(filename,System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat) method provides the selection of the emf/wmf, but actually the converted image file is a png file though with the extension emf/wmf, it is not a real windows meta file.
So, if the Aspose.pdf do these conversion same as the System.Drawing.Image.Save method, I don’t think it support the emf/wmf file conversion
For PS conversion, should i need to add a postscript printer first?
According to the code snippet ,if a usea pcl printer, can it output the pcl file?

Thanks

eray1984:

In .Net Framework System.Drawing.Image.Save(filename,System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat) method provides the selection of the emf/wmf, but actually the converted image file is a png file though with the extension emf/wmf, it is not a real windows meta file.
So, if the Aspose.pdf do these conversion same as the System.Drawing.Image.Save method, I don’t think it support the emf/wmf file conversion
Hi,

Currently we are using ImageFormat class to render the resultant images. However for the sake of further investigation on generating actual/true WMF/EMF files, I have logged this task as PDFNEWNET-35082 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
eray1984:
For PS conversion, should i need to add a postscript printer first?
In order to render PDF file to PS, you need to install the printer which will be used to generate the resultant file.
eray1984:
According to the code snippet ,if a use a pcl printer, can it output the pcl file?
Currently PCL to PDF conversion is support and I am not entirely certain that if you install PCL printer and use PdfViewer class, the PDF file can be rendered in PCL format.

Should you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-35082) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.1.