We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose pdf encrypt and add password

Hi

I have a console application which applies passwords and AESx128 encrypt pdf files. The solution works great when running in my development environment but when I move the application to test environment if fail to do the job with the message:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms

I am using version 17.2.0.0 of the dll.

br
Hans Jørgen

Hi Hans,

Thank you for contacting support. It appears as the environment specific error and can be fixed by disabling FIPS compliance policy in the config of project application or in the operating system registry. Please refer to these help topics: Enforce FIPS Policy (MSDN blog post) and FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms (MSDN forum thread).

If the above links do not help, then please create a small project application which reproduces this error in your environment, and then share the project Zip with us. We will investigate and share our findings with you.

Thanks - it did work to add the declaration in the config file for the application

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

We are glad to hear that your problem is resolved. Please continue using our APIs and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.