Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Bookmark Level property is not always accurate

I’m using the Aspose.Pdf.dll library, file version 7.4.0, product version 2012.09.28.

The problem is that I am extracting the bookmarks from the PDF, but the Bookmark.Level property does not appear to be valid sometimes. This Level property should reflect the Bookmark hierarchy level but in this particular file it appears to be set to 0 for a lot of bookmarks that are most definitely not at the outer-most level. I have bookmarks that are children of other bookmarks with a Level property of 0.

My first question is whether or not this is something coming from the PDF file itself, or does Aspose generate this Level property on its own? Or does the PDF itself have a level property on each bookmark, and the PDF is messed up?

I can possibly provide a copy of the PDF, but I will have to black out all of the pages first. I will do that based on your response.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

It seems to be an issue with your PDF file. The Bookmark Level Property is used in the PDF file to specify multiple levels of bookmark and you can manipulate it using Aspose.Pdf for .NET as well. I would request you to share a copy of your problematic PDF file with sample code you are using, we will further check the issue and get back to you soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience,