Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form.ImportFdf problem with Checkbox Groupped Fields

Hello,

When having a PDF form, with few Checkboxes groupped together (the field name is the same in all of them) thus creating a “Radio Buttons” group, the 'ImportFDF" method does not place the checkmark correctly.

The idea behind this setting is that a value of 0 in the FDF fiels, means that the first checkbox gets the mark, a value of 1 means the second one, etc…

The problem is when the first checkbox needs to be marked… You get a value of 0 (zero) in the FDF and remove the marks from all of the checkboxes, instead of marking the first one.

I need a quick fix for this.

Thank you,
Nir.

Hi Nir,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate if you please share your sample PDF form and FDF file, so we will test the scenario at our end and will provide you information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Here are two files to demonstrate the problem (inside a ZIP file).

You can edit the FDF file and point it to the full path of the PDF file in order to test this without Aspose - simply double click the FDF file and see the result.

My code to merge those two files is:

using (Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form form = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form(sourcePDFFile))
{
//open fdf file.
using (System.IO.FileStream fdfInputStream = new FileStream(sourceFDFFile, FileMode.Open))
{

<span style="font-style:italic;color:green;">//import data</span>
                    form.ImportFdf(fdfInputStream);

<span style="font-style:italic;color:green;">//close file stream</span>
                    fdfInputStream.Close();

<span style="font-style:italic;color:green;">//save updated document</span>
                    form.FlattenAllFields();
                    form.Save(destPDFFile);
                }
                form.Close();
            }</pre></div>

Hi Nir,

Thanks for sharing the source documents. While testing the scenario with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.4.0, we have managed to reproduce the reported issue and logged it in our bug tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37209 for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you via this thread as soon as it is resolved.

Best Regards,

Hello support,

What is new with this issue?
I can not use the FDF merging functionality with this BUG.

Hi Nir,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid above reported issue is still not resolved due to other priority tasks. However, we have recorded your concern and requested our development team to share an ETA for the issue. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Best Regards,

What is new?

Look at all the open bugs I have with your product… You must understand I have a hard time explaining why I can’t use the library, and why I’ve spend thousands of dollars on it if I can’t use it!!

Hi Nir,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has been busy resolving other priority issues and I am afraid the earlier reported PDFNEWNET-37209, is not yet resolved. We plan to get this issue resolved in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.0.0 which is planned to release in January-2015. However, if the issue is resolved before the said time, we will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Now concerning to other issues which you are facing, can you please share the list of issues, so that we can share the status accordingly. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37209) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.8.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Any news here?

@nir-1

Thanks for posting your inquiry.

We are pleased to inform you that earlier logged issue “PDFNET-37209” has been fixed and for your reference, I have also attached an output generated by below code snippet. You may check that the output is fine.

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form form = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form();
form.BindPdf(myDir + "999_0058.pdf");

//open fdf file.
System.IO.FileStream fdfInputStream = new FileStream(myDir + "999_0058.fdf", FileMode.Open);

//import data
form.ImportFdf(fdfInputStream);

//close file stream
fdfInputStream.Close();

//save updated document
form.Save(myDir + "37209.pdf");

37209.pdf (35.3 KB)

In case if you are experiencing any other issue(s), please share your sample PDF document along with working code snippet, so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali