Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileMend() save file stalls when the output pdf size is over 1 GB

From the following code, mender.Save("outputfile.pdf") stalls (no response but unlimited waiting) when the file size is over 1 GB. Any document size limits on the pdf files? The system that runs the aspose is having sufficient memory and processing capacity and there is no indication of CPU or memory use is peak during the process. How do I use bigger files for adding images

Here is the sample code

// create a Pdf license object

Aspose.Pdf.License licensePDF = new Aspose.Pdf.License();

licensePDF.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");

float lowerLeftX = 110.5F;

float lowerLeftY = 21F;

float upperRightX = 381F;

float upperRightY = 33F;

PdfFileMend mender = new PdfFileMend();

mender.BindPdf("inputfile.pdf");

for (int i = 0; i < 11; i++)

{

float lLeftX = lowerLeftX + (i * distance);

float lLeftY = lowerLeftY;

float uRightX = upperRightX + (i * distance);

float uRightY = upperRightY;

bool returnValue = mender.AddImage("image.jpg", 1, lLeftX, lLeftY, uRightX, uRightY);

}

mender.Save("outputfile.pdf");

mender.Close();

Thanks

G

Hi Kristopher,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario using latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.7.0, where I have used one of my sample PDF document (rather small PDF file) and I am unable to notice any issue. It appears specific to larger PDF files of 1GB.

I am working on creating such a large PDF file and will again test the scenario. In case I need any further assistance, I will let you know.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Kristopher,

Thanks for your patience.

I have tested the scenario while using a PDF document of 1.4GB and have managed to reproduce the same issue that program stalls/hangs when trying to stamp the document using PdfFileMend object. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNEWNET-39280 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We re sorry for this inconvenience.

Hello,

Shall we know the ETC on this issue. This is a growing issue affecting the business side.

Thanks

Gireesh

Hi Gireesh,

Thanks for your inquiry. As we have recently noticed the issue and it is still pending for investigation in queue with other issues, reported earlier. As soon as the investigation of issue completes then we would be in good position to share an ETA. However we have recorded your concern and we will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,