Aspose PDF for java - method that coverts to ISO format is memory intensive

Hi -

We are using the below line for making PDF files ISO compliant. We have a batch that runs and picks up each PDF file from a predefined location, formats is as per our formatting requirements and then converts it to an ISO file using:

pdfDocument.convert(baseLocation+"/log.xml", PdfFormat.PDF_A_2A, ConvertErrorAction.None);

This particular line/method at times eats up all the server’s JVM memory and after some time throws out of Memory exception. It works “ok” for small files but for some medium to large ones it simply blows up. This is a desired feature for our business. I have tried it on Windows and Linux and have explicitly added 1 GB and 2 GB of memory to this specific process. It appears that pdfDocument object us not cleared or disposed timely. I tried one of your recommendation to force dispose it but without any luck. I am attaching a zip of all the files that I have used for testing. I recommend you iterate over all the files in this directory and test the process

Hi Steve,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the conversion of Auto Coverage No-Fault_RTC-8459.pdf file to PDF/A_2a format using Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.4.0 and have managed to reproduce StringIndexOutOfBoundsException during conversion. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNEWJAVA-35749 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Steve,

I have further tested the scenarios for other files and have managed to reproduce same StringIndexOutOfBoundsException during conversion to PDF/A_2a format.

1. Auto Medicare_RTC-8460.pdf - Problem is separately logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35750 in our issue tracking system.
  2. Auto Not Payable NFAX2 Rider_RTC-8461.pdf - Problem is separately logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35751 in our issue tracking system.
  3. Auto Primary NFAX3 Rider_RTC-8462.pdf - Problem is separately logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35752 in our issue tracking system.
  4. Certificate Creditable Coverage_RTC-8467.pdf - Problem is separately logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35753 in our issue tracking system.
  5. Member Not Contacted_RTC-8485.pdf - Problem is separately logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35754 in our issue tracking system.
  6. Purged Claim Records_RTC-8468.pdf - Problem is separately logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35755 in our issue tracking system.
  7. SBC Notification_RTC-8463.pdf - Problem is separately logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35756 in our issue tracking system.
  8. Weight Loss Approval_RTC-8464.pdf - Problem is separately logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35757 in our issue tracking system.
  9. Weight Loss Denial_RTC-8465.pdf - Problem is separately logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35758 in our issue tracking system.
  10. Weight Loss Surgery_RTC-8466.pdf - Problem is separately logged as PDFNEWJAVA-35759 in our issue tracking system.

We will further look into the details of these problems and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi -

Is there a timeline to a resolution that you are provisioning for this issue. Our process has encountered a roadblock in production and needs a solution ASAP.

Regards,
-Shiv

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for your patience.

As we recently have noticed earlier reported issues, so they are pending for review and are not yet resolved. However the product team will surely consider investigating/fixing them as per development schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding their resolution, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

PS, Meanwhile I have shared your concerns with product team.