Aspose.Pdf for Java on Android

Hi,

It is unclear to me what the current state of support is for using Aspose.Pdf for Java on Android devices.

The requirements page on the Aspose site tell me JAVASE 1.4 - 1.6 are needed. But there is also this pdf file created by the Aspose team about using Apose.Pdf for Java on Android (http://sialkot.aspose.com/wiki/display/TechSupport/Using+Aspose.XXX+…2 of).

After trying myself with a test app, the project will compile, but when running the app, it will crash because Aspose needs java.awt classes which are not available on Android.

So I would like to hear from Aspose :

• whether they support their product on Android
  • which version of the Aspose software is compatible with which version of the Android OS.

Kind regards,
Mike

Maurer:
Hi, It is unclear to me what the current state of support is for using Aspose.Pdf for Java on Android devices.

The requirements page on the Aspose site tell me JAVASE 1.4 - 1.6 are needed. But there is also this pdf file created by the Aspose team about using Apose.Pdf for Java on Android
2 of).
Hi Mike,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. I am afraid we have not been able make Aspose.Pdf for Java compatible with Android platform. Its been already logged in our issue tracking system as PDFJAVA-25611. As soon as we have made some significant progress, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Maurer:
(http://sialkot.aspose.com/wiki/display/TechSupport/Using+Aspose.XXX+...
Were you able to view/access this link ?

Maurer:
After trying myself with a test app, the project will compile, but when running the app, it will crash because Aspose needs java.awt classes which are not available on Android.

So I would like to hear from Aspose :
- whether they support their product on Android
- which version of the Aspose software is compatible with which version of the Android OS.
The PDF files generated with Aspose.Pdf for Java can be viewed over Android platform and in case you have any issue while viewing these documents, please feel free to contact.