Aspose.Pdf for .NET Validation Error

<span style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";

mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:DE;mso-fareast-language:DE;mso-bidi-language:
AR-SA">While evaluating your product “Aspose.Pdf for NET” we have come accross a problem. We are converting PDF documents to PDF/A-2a as recommended in the examples. However, when we used the validation tool from Pdftools | Developer SDKs & solutions for PDF and PDF/A we received an error message with all the tested documents. The error message and the converted documents are in the attachment.
We would appreciate if you could clarify the matter for us as we would like to purchase this product and cannot do so without knowing why the problem occurred.

Thank you for your time.

Here is the file, but I want to stress that it doesn’t matter wich file I use. The result is always the same.

<!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

Hi Gajo,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate it if you please share your sample PDF document here, so we will test the scenario at our end and will provide you information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
I'm also in the same situation as vvd. I need to purchase a PDF/A converter soon.
Used your latest aspose-pdf to convert my PDF.
Here's the result i got from www.pdf-tools.com.

Validating file "output_pdf_1A.pdf" for conformance level pdfa-1a
The value of the key N is 4 but must be 3.
A device-specific color space (DeviceRGB) without an appropriate output intent is used.
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The document doesn't conform to the PDF reference (missing required entries, wrong value types, etc.).
The document contains device-specific color spaces.
Done
Hi there,

kjetil:
I'm also in the same situation as vvd. I need to purchase a PDF/A converter soon.
Used your latest aspose-pdf to convert my PDF.
Here's the result i got from www.pdf-tools.com, see attached pdf.

Validating file "output_pdf_1A.pdf" for conformance level pdfa-1a
The value of the key N is 4 but must be 3.
A device-specific color space (DeviceRGB) without an appropriate output intent is used.
The document doesn't conform to the PDF reference (missing required entries, wrong value types, etc.).
Done

Thanks for your inquiry. Please share your source PDF document here as well, we will look into it and will guide you accordingly.

Best Regards,

I’ve attached a PDF for testing.
This pdf converts to an unreadable pdf/A using you pdf tool, so think it may contain some corrupt data.

Validation with pdf-tools:

Validating file “Test_convert_problem.pdf” for conformance level pdfa-1b
The key Metadata is required but missing.
The separator before ‘endstream’ must be an EOL. (2)
The font Helvetica-Bold must be embedded.
The font Helvetica must be embedded.
The font Courier must be embedded.
The file format (header, trailer, objects, xref, streams) is corrupted.
The document contains fonts without embedded font programs or encoding information (CMAPs).
The document’s meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt.
Done

Just to add, I tested the pdf for corruption on this site:
PDF Tools Online - Repair PDF
It passed.

Hi Kjetil,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

Please note that the output files generated with Aspose.Pdf for .NET are based on PDF specifications from Adobe and in order to check PDF/A compliance of document, please try using Pre-Flight scanner of Adobe Acrobat. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant file generated by Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.6.0.

[C#]

Document doc = new Document(“c:/pdftest/Test_convert_problem.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

doc.Convert("c:/pdftest/conversionlog.txt", PdfFormat.PDF_A_2A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

doc.Save(“c:/pdftest/Test_convert_problem_PDFA_2a.pdf”);

Thanks for reply. Sorry i did not mention but I used Aspose Pdf for java 10.4.0(Also tested with latest 10.4.1). I also tried with PdfFormat.PDF_A_2A, but converts to an unreadable pdfA.
I will check out adobe preflight

Hi Kjetil,

We will be waiting for your feedback and meanwhile we suggest you to please try using the latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.6.0.

Sure i could test with .Net but my project depends on java, will you test the document with Aspose pdf for java 10.4.1?

Here is the
file, but I want to stress that it doesn’t matter wich file I use. The result
is always the same.

Hi Gajo,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I have tested the scenario of PDF to PDF/A_2a conversion using Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.4.1 in Eclipse Juno project with JDK 1.7 and I am unable to notice any issue when validating the resultant file with PreFlight feature of Adobe Acrobat 10.1.1. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF generated over my end.

I an other attempt, I have tried converting PDF file to PDF/A_2a format using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.6.0 and I am unable to notice any issue when validating resultant file using Adobe Acrobat pre-flight feature.

[Java]

com.aspose.pdf.Document doc = new
com.aspose.pdf.Document(
“c:/pdftest/ife-dw21.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

doc.convert("c:/pdftest/ConversionLog.txt", com.aspose.pdf.PdfFormat.PDF_A_2A,com.aspose.pdf.ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

doc.save(“c:/pdftest/ife-dw21_ConversionIssue.pdf”);

[NET]

Document doc1 = new
Document(“c:/pdftest/ife-dw21.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

doc1.Convert("c:/pdftest/ConversionNET_log.txt", PdfFormat.PDF_A_2A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

doc1.Save(“c:/pdftest/ife-dw21_PDF-A2a_NET.pdf”);

I’m sure it works with ife-dw21.pdf, but could you also test with the pdf named Test_convert_problem_PDFA_2a.pdf that I’ve attached in my previous post?

Hi Gajo,

I have tried converting earlier shared Test_convert_problem.pdf file to PDF/A_2a compliant format and as per my observations, the resultant file gets corrupted and also when trying to check the PDF/A compliance through pre-flight feature of Adobe Acrobat, an error message is displayed. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem
as PDFNEWJAVA-35063 in our issue tracking system. We will further
look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status
of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for
this inconvenience.

For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF generated with Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.4.1.

Any updates on the problem PDFNEWJAVA-35063?

Hi Gajo,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your reported issue is still not resolved. Currently our product team is busy in resolving other issues in the queue, reported earlier. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards your issue resolution.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWJAVA-35063) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.