Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Text IsHTMLTagSupported issue

I found an issue with the HTML to PDF conversion in a Text element.

I have some old HTML chunks that were generated using SharePoint's rich text web tool. It is terrible HTML as you can imagine.

I tried to place it into a PDF and was getting an object is null error. I tracked it down to some bad tags in the source HTML. Basically if the source HTML has an tag that does NOT have a src attribute, the PDF gives an error when Save is called.

I fixed my code by adding src attributes as needed.

I would not call this a bug as the true problem is terrible HTML from SharePoint's rich text field control, but it is something that could be trapped for easily.

Just a note to help make your product better.

Hi Matt,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

I tested the scenario you mentioned and you are right that exception is thrown on save method if img tag in HTML does not have the source defined. I have created an issue in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-34298 for our development team to further analyze this issue.

Thank You & Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34298) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.8.0update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.