Aspose PDF- IBM page piece dictionary

Hello, to whom it may concern,

We are currently using the Aspose.PDF for our .Net core console app to create/merge PDF. Is there a way to add any IBM specific page piece dictionary info through AsposePDF? Do you have any good example? Thanks in adnace.

like below,

/PieceInfo <<
/IBM-ODIndexes <</Private
<<
/RecipientName (Jon Doe)
/RecipientAddress1 (100 Main Street )
/RecipientAddress2 (Columbus, OH 43215 )
/RecipientAddress3 ( )
/RecipientAddress4 ( )
/RecipientAddress5 ( )
/Original_FileName (DEMO_BBB_PDF_D20180523_T150200)>>
/LastModified (D:20180622162313Z)>>>>
/LastModified (D:20180622162313Z)>>

Regards,
Jonathan

@jonathanli25

Could you please share a sample PDF document that shows similar structure content as you shared above. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hello, @asad.ali,

Thank you for replying to my question. I have attached a sample PDF file and if you open the file in NotePad++ and search by β€œIBM-ODIndexes”, you can see the metadata private info like below,

<</PieceInfo<</IBM-ODIndexes<</Private<</$$CTI_NEWDOC$$(Y)/PLEX(SIMPLEX)/RecipientName(1 800WINESHOP COM INC)/RecipientAddress1(560 TECHNOLOGY WAY)/RecipientAddress2()/RecipientAddress3(NAPA, CA, Sample.pdf (712.4 KB)
94558)>>>>/LastModified(D:20210211120319-05’00’)>>>>

@jonathanli25

Thanks for sharing the sample PDF file.

We have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNET-49397 in our issue tracking system for this feature. We will further investigate its feasibility and inform you as soon as the ticket is resolved. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you @asad.ali.

I did some digging but cannot find a way how to retrieve the PDF trailer dictionary /Root object from AsposePDF. Please let me know if there is an API available so that we can add a new page-piece /PieceInfo dictionary to hold any private data.

Regards,
Jonathan

@jonathanli25

As shared earlier, we have logged an investigation ticket in our issue tracking system to determine whether this requirement of yours can be achieved using the API. We will look into details of the ticket and investigate the feasibility of required feature. As soon as the ticket is resolved, we will inform you in this forum thread. Please give us some time.

Thank you for your updates. I appreciate your technical team’s assistance on this request.

1 Like

Hello, @asad.ali,

Any updates on the PDFNET-49397 ticket status?

Regards,
Jonathan

@jonathanli25

The ticket has been logged recently in our issue tracking system and will be investigated/resolved on a first come first serve basis. We are afraid that it has not been reviewed yet. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will update you in this forum thread. Please be patient and give us some time.