ASPOSE.PDF importing annotaitons

I have a PDF and a separate FDF file with annotations (sticky notes, highlights, etc). Does ASPOSE support the ability to import that separate FDF file into a "merged" PDF?

Thanks!

Hi Jay,

Thanks for using our products.

Kindly check the following documentation link for details and code snippets as per your requirement.

Import Data from FDF into a PDF File (Facades)

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

I actually tried that, but it did not include any of the annotations from the FDF. It looks like this API only fills in form fields ... is it supposed to also import annotations (e.g. sticky notes)?

thanks

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your feedback, can you please share some details regarding sample source code and template documents you are using or create a sample application to show the issue. This will help us to figure out the issue and reply back to you soon.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

The source is pretty simple:

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form form = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form(@"c:\pdf\in.pdf", @"c:\pdf\out.pdf");
using (var fdfInputStream = new FileStream(@"c:\pdf\in.fdf", FileMode.Open))
{
form.ImportFdf(fdfInputStream);
}
form.Save();

And I attached the source PDF and FDF that are in the c:\pdf folder.

thanks!

Hi Jay,

Well, Form.ImportFdf() method is used to import the data from the FDF file. Regarding importing annotations, Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports importing annotations from XFDF files at the moment. You can check the following documentation link in this regard and see if it can fulfill your requirement.

Import Annotations from XFDF into PDF File (Facades)

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Jay,

Thanks for sharing the sample source code and template documents.

I tested the scenario and able to notice the same problem. For rectification, I logged this problem for further investigation with ID: PDFNEWNET-33391 in our Issue Tracking System. Our development team will further look into the details of this issue and will keep you updated via this forum thread on the status of correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Thanks. Unfortunately I cannot use XFDF (some other system is generating the FDF files so I have no control). It would be great if the PdfAnnotationEditor could support FDF or even a way to convery FDF to XFDF so I could use AnnotationEditor.ImportAnnotationFromXfdfAnnotationEditor.ImportAnnotationFromXfdf

Thanks!

Hi Jay,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the feedback.

I have created a new feature request in our issue tracking system for our development team to check if it is possible to support Import Annotations using FDF files (as we do for XFDF files). The issue id of the new feature request is PDFNEWNET-33395. Also, I have asked them to check if FDF to XFDF conversion is possible using Aspose.Pdf. Our development team will further look into this issue and share their findings. I will update you once I get a feedback from the development team.

Sorry for the inconvenience,