Aspose.pdf is extremely slow in converting html to pdf

Hi,

We are facing inefficiency when using Aspose.PDF when processing HTML with base64 encoded images which is taking more than 30 seconds where as Aspose.Words can process the same document in less than 1 second.

Our customers are facing productivity loss because of this issue. Please provide a solution on this.

Please find the attachment of html file we used in the following link.

htmltext.zip (79.7 KB)

Thanks,

Robert

@rsamveda.ramsoft

Thanks for contacting support.

We have tested the scenario in our environment (i.e Windows 10 EN x64, 8GB of RAM, Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.3, Console Application Debug mode x64, .NET Framework 4.0) and observed that API took time more than expected while generating PDF document. Therefore, we have logged a performance issue as PDFNET-44424 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction.

Meanwhile, would you please share your complete environment details, so that logged issue can be investigated accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Asad,

Do we have an update on this issue?.. Please give us an ETA.

Thanks,

Robert

What kind environment info you need for investigation?

@rsamveda.ramsoft

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue has not been yet resolved due to other high priority issues in the queue, which were logged prior to your issue and currently we are not in a position to share any reliable ETA. However, as soon as we make some significant progress towards issue resolution, we will surely inform you.

Currently issue has been logged with the testing results obtained in an environment (i.e Windows 10 EN x64, 8GB of RAM, Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.3, Console Application Debug mode x64, .NET Framework 4.0). It would really be appreciated if you can share the details of your environment so that we can log these details along with the issue as well.

our environment is also similar to what you have tested (i.e Windows 10 EN x64, 8GB of RAM, Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.3, Console Application Debug mode x64, .NET Framework 4.0).

@rsamveda.ramsoft

Thanks for sharing the requested information.

We will definitely investigate the issue accordingly and keep you informed with the status of investigation progress. Please spare us little time.

Hi Asad,

Please provide an ETA of this issue as our customers are waiting on a proper fix on this.

Thanks
Robert

@rsamveda.ramsoft

Thanks for your inquiry.

The issue has been logged under Free Support Model and have low priority. It will be investigated on first come first serve basis. Furthermore, the issue is related to performance of the API and complex in nature, as performance of the API depends upon many internal components and we need to investigate them in details. I am afraid we are not in position to share any reliable ETA, because there are other issues in the queue as well, which were logged prior to this issue.

In case the issue is blocker for you and you need to get it resolved on urgent basis, you may please check Paid Support Option, where issues have high priority and are resolved on priority bases. In case of any further updates regarding resolution of the issue, we will surely keep you posted. Please spare us little time.

The issues you found earlier (filed as PDFNET-44424) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.1.