Aspose.Pdf.Kit displays evaluation version message

Hello. My company purchased Aspose.Total for .NET Site Small Business with Standard Support. Does this include Aspose.Pdf.Kit? Despite using the Aspose.Total.lic license file, Aspose.Pdf.Kit thinks I am using an evaluation copy of the product. This does not happen with the Word and Pdf products in the suite.

Hi Maurice,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Pdf.

I would like to inform you that Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET and Aspose.Pdf for .NET have been merged into a single product i.e. Aspose.Pdf for .NET and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET has been discontinued as a separate product. All the features of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET are available under Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.x. You can check the following documentation links to upgrade your code from Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET to the new merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-blogs/shahzad-latif/archive/2011/06/11/migrating-from-legacy-code-to-merged-aspose.pdf-for-.net.html

Please download and try the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.7 and check if it works fine with your license file.

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Thanks. I am now using the version 6.7.0.0 Aspose.Pdf product. The evaluation version message now displays at the bottom of the page. The text of the message is reversed. Below is a code snippet. The file version I was using originally was 6.0.0.0.

byte[] buffer = ConvertDocumentToPdf(folioId, templateId);

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfContentEditor editor = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfContentEditor();

//Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfContentEditor editor = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfContentEditor();

editor.BindPdf(new System.IO.MemoryStream(buffer));

//editor.AddDocumentAdditionalAction(Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfContentEditor.DocumentOpen, "this.print();");

editor.AddDocumentAdditionalAction(Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfContentEditor.DocumentOpen, "this.print();");

System.IO.MemoryStream strm = new MemoryStream();

editor.Save(strm);

return strm.ToArray();

mwats:
Hello. My company purchased Aspose.Total for .NET Site Small Business with Standard Support. Does this include Aspose.Pdf.Kit? Despite using the Aspose.Total.lic license file, Aspose.Pdf.Kit thinks I am using an evaluation copy of the product. This does not happen with the Word and Pdf products in the suite.

Hi Maurice,

Adding more to Nausherwan’s comments, Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET is not able to honour Aspose.Total for .NET license so that’s the reason you are getting evaluation watermark over resultant PDF document.

mwats:
Thanks. I am now using the version 6.7.0.0 Aspose.Pdf product. The evaluation version message now displays at the bottom of the page. The text of the message is reversed. Below is a code snippet.

Can you please share the source PDF document so that we can test the scenario at our end.We are really sorry for this inconvenience. By the way, I still wonder why evaluation watermark is being displayed, even after initializing the license. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

The only source I can provide is a Word document. The function ConvertDocumentToPdf() reads a Word document, replaces tags with data from a database, saves the document in PDF format to a memory stream, and returns this as a byte array.

Hi Maurice, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the Word document, we will look into your issue and get back to you.

Just for confirmation, as you mentioned the process in your post, you are converting Word document to PDF (I think you are using Aspose.Words for .NET for that purpose) and then you user Aspose.Pdf for .NET to process the PDF file. Correct? If yes, then please confirm that you are setting up the license for both Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf in your application. You can use the same License file (as you have Aspose.Total license) for both the products but you need to write the code for each product separately for setting up there license. e.g.

Aspose.Pdf.License pdfLicense = new Aspose.Pdf.License();

pdfLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");

Aspose.Words.License wordLicense = new Aspose.Words.License();

wordLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");

Sorry for the inconvenience,