Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET - unable to search text in pdf document

Hello,

It seems that using the Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET I was unable to search text in pdf document. This feature is already available in the java version(there is an extra class - pdf searcher). Why is this? DO you plan to inlcude it in a future version?

Thak you.

Hello Voicu ,

Yes, you are correct, PdfSearcher class is not available in .Net version. I need to check it with development team, if we can support this class or not, and will keep you updated with the status of implementation.

As a workaround around, you can refer to the following post, for information on how to search text. <A href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/123939</A></P>

Hello,

Thank you for your quick answer!

The company that I work for already has a licence for the Pdf kit and has used it successfully in the past for other scenarios.

The PdfExtractor does not help in my current app scenario.

What I would need is something that searches a text in the pdf and returns the position of the rectangle containing that text (exactly what the searcher does in the Java implementation). Further I want to use the returned position to highlight the found text(this is already available in the PdfContentEditor class).

Thanks for keeping me updated.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

To be frank with you, even in the Java edition of Aspose.Pdf.Kit, the feature of Pdf searching is not mature enough. And we need to improve the feature in Java edition in advance before adding it to .NET edition. I hope the feature could be available in our .NET edition in the middle of next year.

Thanks,