Aspose.PDF.kit performance converting pdf to tiff

Hi,

I was looking at your forum and it seems like aspose haven’t improved the performance of Aspose.Pdf.Kit.SaveAsTIFF in the short/medium term, for example on PdfConverter is slow aspose says “We’re sorry to inform you that the speed of PDF to TIFF conversion is slow, and it can’t be improved in short time” but this is from a thread that is 1 year old.
We are evaluating to make use your product to convert PDF to TIFF but the performance it’s a show stopper.
Do you have any ETA for a improvement on conversion speed?
Thanks,

Alain

Hi Alain,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

I would like to share with you that we have made some performance improvements in PDF to TIFF conversion along the way. Please download the latest version and try at your end. If you still feel like that performance is not up to your requirement then please share some sample PDF file along with your particular results, so we could help you out accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Shahzad,

Thanks for the quick response, I evaluated version 4.9.0 of Pdf.Kit for .net and the conversion rate were 1.5 sec/page, other of your products have better conversion rates (Aspose.words for example had a rate of 0.25sec/page).
Here is the code used to do the conversion

PdfConverter converter = new PdfConverter();
converter.BindPdf(sourceFile);
converter.DoConvert();

TiffSettings ts = new TiffSettings();
ts.CompressionType = CompressionType.CCITT4;
ts.SkipBlankPages = false;
ts.ColorDepth = ColorDepth.Format1bpp;
if (!multipageTiff)
{
int imageCount = 0;
while (converter.HasNextImage())
{
string pathOutputPage = Path.Combine(Path.GetDirectoryName(outputFile), Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(outputFile) + string.Format("{0:000}", imageCount) + “.tif”);
converter.GetNextImage(pathOutputPage, ImageFormat.Tiff, 200, 200, 100);
outputFiles.Add(pathOutputPage);
imageCount++;
}
}
else
{
converter.SaveAsTIFF(outputFile, 200, 200, ts);
outputFiles.Add(outputFile);
}
converter = null;
GC.Collect();
return outputFiles;

converting per page is a little bit faster than converting the whole document but not a big difference.
We tested other solution (pdf2img) and the rates were close to 20pages/sec (several times faster).
Looking forward to your comments.
Thanks,

Hi Alain,

I’m sorry that the PDF to TIFF conversion performance is not according to your requirement. I have logged an issue as PDFKITNET-21284 for performance improvement. Our team will look into it and we’ll try to improve the performance in our upcoming versions. You’ll be notified via this forum thread once we make progress.

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,