Aspose.Pdf.Kit to Aspose.Pdf

Hi,

Id is said that Aspose.Pdf.Kit has been merged in Aspose.Pdf

I just downloaded trail version of both Aspose.Pdf.Kit and Aspose.Pdf. The code

Dim con As New pdfContentEditor()

is fine if I set reference to Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

But If I remove the reference of Aspose.Pdf.Kit and set the reference to Aspose.Pdf, I got compiler error as "pdfContentEditor() is not defined in Aspose.Pdf"

sxia

Hi,

I just doenloaded trail version of both Aspose.Pdf.Kit and Aspose.Pdf. The code

Dim con As New pdfContentEditor()

is fine if I set reference to Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

But If I remove the reference of Aspose.Pdf.Kit to Aspose.Pdf, I got compiler error as "pdfContentEditor() is not difine in Aspose.Pdf"

sxia

Hello Samuel,

Thanks for using our products.

As both Aspose.Pdf for .NET and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET have been merged, so now you only need to use the new release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.0.0. Please download it and try using it.

All the classes of older Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET have been moved under Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace so in order to create an instance o PdfContentEditor, please provide Aspose.Pdf.Facades reference in your code. I would also suggest you to please visit the following links for better understanding on

In case you still face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

In the latest version of Aspose.Pdf (V6.0), we have merged the features of Aspose.Pdf.Kit under the namespace Aspose.Pdf.Facades. Please import the new namespace i.e. Aspose.Pdf.Facades and your code will work fine.

Please do let us know if you still face any issue.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Thanks, codewarior

I downloaded Aspose.Pdf v6 and set namespace Aspose.Pdf.Facades. The compile error is gone. But I got runtime error. If I switch back to Aspose.Pdf.Kit, it is fine. My source code:

Imports Aspose.Pdf.Facades

Protected Sub btnRemovePn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles btnRemovePn.Click
Dim contentEditor As New PdfContentEditor()
contentEditor.BindPdf("~/myPDF.pdf")

contentEditor.ReplaceTextStrategy.IsRegularExpressionUsed = True

contentEditor.ReplaceTextStrategy.ReplaceScope = ReplaceTextStrategy.Scope.REPLACE_ALL
contentEditor.ReplaceText("Page [0-9]* of [0-9]*", " ") '--runtime error generated here as "At most 4 elements (for any collection) can be viewed in evaluation mode."

'save output PDF file
contentEditor.Save("~/myPDFSend.pdf")
End Sub

sxia

Thanks, nausherwan.aslam

Aspose.Pdf v6 is an .msi. I think Aspose.Pdf is one license per mechine. Right?

sxia

If evaluation version of apose.pdf won't work for Tx LBB's test data, it is hard for LBB to make decision to use apsose.pdf.

sxia

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

As you are facing an evaluation restriction, you may get a 30 days temporary license to evaluate your required features of Aspose.Pdf. Please use the below link to aquire a temporary license (choose “Get a Temporary License” option).

http://www.aspose.com/purchase/default.aspx

Please feel free to contact us in case you need any further details.

nausherwan:

I got my temp lic file. Thanks.

Please show me how to set up it.

Thanks

sxia

Hi,

Please see the following documentation link for details to use the license.

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/using-file-or-stream-object.html

If you face any issue, please do let us know and we will be happy to help you out.

Hi,

I set up my Temp Lic. And switch from Kit to Facades. A PDF created with

Protected Sub btnRemovePn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles btnRemovePn.Click
Dim contentEditor As New PdfContentEditor()
contentEditor.BindPdf("~/myPDF.pdf")

contentEditor.ReplaceTextStrategy.IsRegularExpressionUsed = True

contentEditor.ReplaceTextStrategy.ReplaceScope = ReplaceTextStrategy.Scope.REPLACE_ALL
contentEditor.ReplaceText("Page [0-9]* of [0-9]*", " ") '--runtime error generated here as "At most 4 elements (for any collection) can be viewed in evaluation mode."

'save output PDF file
contentEditor.Save("~/myPDFSend.pdf")
End Sub

But there are several issues on created PDF

1. When open the PDF, the first page is blank. After move page down and up, the first page is displayed

2. Only only the page number ("Page [0-9]* of [0-9]*") is removed, but also the timestamp that is located the next line of page number is also disapeared.

3. When send to PDF to printer, the error message of Adobe Reader says: "An error exists page. Acrobat may not display the page correctly. Please conract the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."

he issues don't seem to be seen with Aspose.Pdf.Kit

Please help

Thanks

sxia

Hi,

Please share your template file and resultant file to show the issues you mentioned. This way we will be able to check / fix the issue soon.

Please see Post "

Again the error message when printing pdf, from another block of code

"

Both "Add" and "Replace" scenario and code are posted there.

Thanks

sxia

Thank you for sharing the template and resultant file.

We have found your mentioned issues after an initial test. We have registered the issue in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-29903. We will further look into it and get back to you.

Hello,

any update about the resolution of this issue?

Best regards

Please download and try the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.7. The reported issue have been fixed in the latest version.