Aspose pdf .Net 17.10.0 gives blacks output in pdf to pdfA conversion

Aspose pdf .Net 17.10.0 gives blacks output in pdf to pdfA conversion.
I can provide examples how it looks, but can´t see how to attach the files in the free support forum.
Best Regards
Per

@perRodstrom

Thanks for contacting support.

Please find the option of uploading attachments in the shared screenshot and upload the related files. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly. Please note that Free Support Forum supports maximum upload size of 3.0MB and in case your files are of larger size, you may upload it to some public file hosting (e.g Dropbox, Google Drive) and share the link here.

Add_Attachment.png (5.2 KB)

Helsevesenet i Duhok.pdf (2.4 MB)
Helsevesenet i Duhoktest.out.pdf (2.4 MB)

Hi, here is the problem document that gets corrupted in pdf to pdfA conversion in the latest aspose.pdf17.10 version. The document conversion worked in apsose.pdf.10.7 version. We have several cases with the same problem currently.
Best Regards
Per

@perRodstrom

Thanks for sharing sample PDF document.

We have tested the scenario in a console application while using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.10 and were unable to notice any issue in the generated output. For your reference, we have shared code snippet and an output generated by it as well.

Document pdfDocument = new Document(dataDir + "Helsevesenet i Duhok.pdf");
pdfDocument.Convert(dataDir + "log.xml", PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
// Save output document
pdfDocument.Save(dataDir + "Helsevesenet i Duhok_out.pdf");

Helsevesenet i Duhok_out.pdf (2.4 MB)

Would you please share the environment details at your side (i.e API Version, Application Type, Target Framework version, OS Version, etc.), so that we can test the scenario in specified environment and address it accordingly.

Hi, here is the Information requested.
The project is a class library and we use .net framework 4.5.1. with Aspose.pdf for .net 17.10.
We use the Convert(Stream outoutLogStream, PdfFormat format, ConvertErrorAction action);AsposeSupportInfo.zip (116.3 KB)
Hope that you can create the error with this information.
Could you send me your demoproject so that I can see if I can recreate the error on my machine with your project.
Best Regads
Per Rodstrom

@perRodstrom

Thanks for sharing requested details.

We have again tested the scenario and observed that the issue was actually occurring due to calling OptimizeResources(...) method. Only conversion to PDF/A, without optimization code, generated correct results. However we have attached a sample console application and logged an issue as PDFNET-43622 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction.

DemoProject.zip (10.8 KB)

Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes we have tested by Setting
CompressImages = false;
and that fixed the error. We will have that as a workaround on the next release.
Thanks for great support Asad :slight_smile:
Let me know when the fix is ready.
Best Regards
Per

@perRodstrom

Thanks for your feedback.

It is good to know that you have found a workaround to resolve your issue for now. However as soon as we receive some definite updates, regarding resolution of the logged issue, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.