Aspose.Pdf occasioanlly triggers "Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Pdf. Copyright 2002-2015 Aspose Pty Ltd."

Hi,

I have a valid Aspose.Pdf license. Randomly, when I use Aspose.Pdf on .Net,I see a red colored text at the top that says:

“Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Pdf. Copyright 2002-2015 Aspose Pty Ltd.”. See attached IMG_2185.png image file.

Questions:
1. I use full form to access the path to access the library:
Aspose.Pdf.License pdfLicense = new Aspose.Pdf.License.
What causes this issue ?
2. Why does it happen randomly on any file? Does not seem to happen on every pdf document.
3. What is the solution to avoid this?

Thank you,
Sireesha

Hi Sireesha,

Thanks for contacting support.

The issue appears to be intermittent and currently we cannot suggest an appropriate solution for this issue. However can you please confirm the version of API you are using and also please ensure that license is initialized once during application life cycle and if you are using Stream instance to load the license, please ensure to properly close the stream.

If possible, please share some sample project, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. Please avoid sharing the license file over forms. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyar,

I am using the following versions:

Aspose.Pdf_10.3.0
Visual Studio 2013 (c#)

The way I access the License is:

Aspose.Pdf.License pdfLicense = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
pdfLicense.setLicense(<Name of .Lic file>);
pdfLicense.Embedded = true;
I am performing a conversion to Xps as follows:
Aspose.Pdf.XpsSaveoptions saveOptions = new Aspose.Pdf.XpsSaveoptions();
Aspose.Pdf.XpsLoadOptions options = new Aspose.Pdf.XpsLoadOptions();
Aspose.Pdf.Document document = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(<file_path>+".xps",options);
document.save(<file_path>+".pdf");

We renewed the license in May,2015. Do you see anything wrong in the code snippet above?
May I know if this a known issue?

As another follow up question, if this issue happening with other customers as well? I would like to know if this is specific to use my license.
Thank you.

sireesha.charyulu:
Hi Nayyar,

I am using the following versions:

Aspose.Pdf_10.3.0
Visual Studio 2013 (c#)

The way I access the License is:

Aspose.Pdf.License pdfLicense = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
pdfLicense.setLicense(<Name of .Lic file>);
pdfLicense.Embedded = true;
I am performing a conversion to Xps as follows:
Aspose.Pdf.XpsSaveoptions saveOptions = new Aspose.Pdf.XpsSaveoptions();
Aspose.Pdf.XpsLoadOptions options = new Aspose.Pdf.XpsLoadOptions();
Aspose.Pdf.Document document = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(<file_path>+".xps",options);
document.save(<file_path>+".pdf");

We renewed the license in May,2015. Do you see anything wrong in the code snippet above?
May I know if this a known issue?
Hi Sireesha,

Thanks for sharing the details.

The code snippet shared above for license initialization is correct but when using license as an embedded resource, please try appending project namespace with license file name when passing it to setLicense(…) method i.e. license.SetLicense(“FormMergedAPI.Aspose.Total.lic”);

where FormMergedAPI is the default namespace of project.

Furthermore, some of the customers have reported license initialization issues in past but in recent release versions, these problems were resolved and as suggested earlier, please try using the latest release version and in case the issue still persists, we will be requiring a sample project, so that we can test the scenario in our environment.

Hi,

I am also getting same message when I try to read a PDF using Aspose.Pdf. I have purchased a temporary license for Aspose.Pdf. Can anyone help me with this?

Hi Ashutosh Prakash,

Thanks for contacting support.

I will appreciate if you share your sample project / code with us. It will help us to understand the issue exactly and address it accordingly. Also please note It is recommended to use latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,