Aspose.PDF + Pdf version 1.20 does not supported

@GayatriNaik
You have attached a document in both messages.
Please attach the code you used in text.

Hi @sergei.shibano / @asad.ali

Issue is easily reproducing when you will try to convert it to pdfa3b format .

Code is not required for that.

@GayatriNaik
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-56367

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi @sergei.shibanov ,

Can you please send me the Details actually whats the Issue ?
Is this version not supported ?? or It is supported and not handled corrrectly in Aspose ??

I Mean is it a bug at your end or its Working as Functional, so that we can communicate to Client Accordingly ??

@GayatriNaik
We are currently working on supporting the Pdf 2.0 format with our library and not all functions have been implemented yet. The issue above (PDFNET-56367) was about incorrect exception message - this will be fixed in the next version (24.02). For the conversion problem itself, I will create a separate task (so that the conversion problem remains in tracker and is not closed by editing the text of the exception message).

1 Like

@GayatriNaik
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-56372

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

ANy uppdate on another ticket ?

@GayatriNaik
Nothing new for this task yet. Created tasks are solved in the order they are received, taking into account priorities.
The highest priority is for tasks with paid support, followed by tasks from users who have purchased a license.
The time it takes to solve problems can also vary. Therefore, unfortunately, it is not even possible to give ETA.

Is this released ? can i start testing ?

@GayatriNaik
The changes will be in version 24.2, which is expected to be released next week.
Moreover, the edit affects only the text in the thrown exception; the transformation itself will still not be performed.

Thanks. Will wait

Hi @asad.ali , May i know which all PDF versions are supported as of now ??

Is it only spose.PDF for .NET supports PDF versions 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7. ??

or is there any progress ??

@GayatriNaik
At the moment, full support for versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 is implemented.
Version 2.0 is partially supported, at the moment the development team is tasked with implementing full support. Issue PDFNET-56372 is part of this task.
As soon as we have new information on it, we will inform you.

@GayatriNaik
I asked the development team for at least some intermediate information on this task.

For PDF 2.0 there is a parallel format PDF/A-4, we are planning to implement it, but it does not exist yet. And on the forum, a user wants to convert PDF 2.0 to PDF/A-3 (which is based on PDF 1.7) - and the question is whether it is possible to obtain a valid document this way or whether it must first be downgraded to PDF 1.7 with possible changes in the structure of the document.

Thanks @asad.ali , I was not aware that 1.0 and 1.1 was also supported. is it available in 24.1.0 ??

Also requesting you please give me PDF with both 1.0 and 1.1 version so that i can test it at my end.

@GayatriNaik
Here you can see a brief description of the pdf versions

In library

public enum PdfFormat 

contains options

/// Adobe version 1.0
         v_1_0,

/// Adobe version 1.1
         v_1_1,

But Asad, They have mentioned V_2_0 also in public enum PdfFormat

does it mean it is also supported ?? Please send me some PDF of 1.0 and 1.1 to test it so that i can confirm to our client.

@GayatriNaik
version 1.pdf (76.8 KB)
version 1_1.pdf (76.8 KB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-56367) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 24.2.

Hi does it mean thatAsposesupport 2.0 version files too?

Or the fix is just to correct text of error message???

@sergei.shibanov please reply