Aspose.PDF- replace a text with table

We use Aspose.PDF for .NET and have a requirement to replace a text in PDF with a table (may contain upto 50 rows and few columns) . I can find a text in PDF using TextFragmentAbsorber but not finding a good way to replace that text with a table. It inserts the table on top of other content.

I have attached a document with Sample code. Please check and advise.

Hi Komal,

Thanks for contacting support.

When replacing text string inside PDF document with table object, it gets quite difficult to accommodate the table in place of TextFragment. During my testing, I have also observed that table cannot be rendered on same location. However, can you please share some sample input and output PDF documents, which can help us in better understanding the requirement. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you for looking into this. I have attached sample input and output document.

We have a requirement to replace a particular word with a table containing upto 75 rows. Table will be prepared dynamically depending upon data that we have available in the system.

In sample input pdf I have word [Table+C] and in sample output I have manually replaced that with a table. I want to achieve this programmatically.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks.

Hi Komal,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET offers the feature to search and replace text inside PDF document and it also offers the feature to add table in existing PDF document. However during my testing with following code snippet (where Table+C) is replaced with table object and as per my observations, the table is overlapping existing page contents. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-41102 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience,

[C#]

//open document<o:p></o:p>

Document pdfDocument = new Document("c:/pdftest/aspose-pdf-input.pdf");

//create TextAbsorber object to find all instances of the input search phrase

TextFragmentAbsorber textFragmentAbsorber = new TextFragmentAbsorber("[Table+C]");

textFragmentAbsorber.TextReplaceOptions.ReplaceAdjustmentAction =TextReplaceOptions.ReplaceAdjustment.WholeWordsHyphenation;

//accept the absorber for all the pages

pdfDocument.Pages.Accept(textFragmentAbsorber);

//get the extracted text fragments

TextFragmentCollection textFragmentCollection = textFragmentAbsorber.TextFragments;

//loop through the fragments

foreach (TextFragment textFragment in textFragmentCollection)

{

// Initializes a new instance of the Table

Aspose.Pdf.Table table = new Aspose.Pdf.Table();

table.Left = (float)textFragment.Rectangle.LLX;

table.Top = (float)textFragment.Rectangle.URX;

// Set the table border color as LightGray

table.Border = new Aspose.Pdf.BorderInfo(Aspose.Pdf.BorderSide.All, .5f, Aspose.Pdf.Color.FromRgb(System.Drawing.Color.LightGray));

// set the border for table cells

table.DefaultCellBorder = new Aspose.Pdf.BorderInfo(Aspose.Pdf.BorderSide.All, .5f, Aspose.Pdf.Color.FromRgb(System.Drawing.Color.LightGray));

// create a loop to add 10 rows

for (int row_count = 1; row_count < 10; row_count++)

{

// add row to table

Aspose.Pdf.Row row = table.Rows.Add();

// add table cells

row.Cells.Add("Column (" + row_count + ", 1)");

row.Cells.Add("Column (" + row_count + ", 2)");

row.Cells.Add("Column (" + row_count + ", 3)");

}

// Add table object to first page of input document

pdfDocument.Pages[1].Paragraphs.Add(table);

}

pdfDocument.Save(“c:/pdftest/Text_Replace_output.pdf”);