Aspose.PDF Save()

Hi,
Using Aspose.PDF Save() - the performance of the process is disappointing - from several seconds to a really short document (30 seconds for 5 pages document) to several minutes for longer documents (15 minutes for 40 pages documents).
Is there more efficient solution/Alternative saving command?

@coen.yohai

Would you kindly share the complete code snippet with us which you are trying at your end before saving the document. We will test the scenario in our environment and address your concerns accordingly.

@asad.ali
Hi,
Thank you for your response.
Please find the code on the following link:
Regards,
yohai

@coen.yohai

We have downloaded the sample project from shared link. Would you please remove it from there as it contains your license file. Also, we have edited your previous post to remove the link as it was public forum.

We request you to please share a sample source PDF document as well which is being used in your sample project so that the scenario can be tested accordingly.

Hi,
Please find the sample PDF file דוח העוני.pdf (2.1 MB)

Please let me know if additional information is required.
Thank you
Yohai

@coen.yohai

We have tested the scenario in our environment while using Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.7 and were able to notice the issue. We have logged an issue as PDFNET-48523 in our issue tracking system for it. We will further check this in details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, any updates regarding this matter (or estimated scheduled)
we tested other scenarios (240 pages took almost 2 hours) - please let me know if you additional examples.
It’s important to us because we need to be sure that it will be solved before the completion of the development.
thanks,
yohai

@coen.yohai

The issue has been logged under free support model and it will be investigated/resolved on first come first serve basis. We will surely inform you as soon as we have some definite updates in this regard.

Would you kindly share that document with us along with code snippet so that we can test the scenario and address it accordingly.

Please also note that sometimes issues are related to specific type of PDF documents and their nature of complexity decides their resolution time. As soon as we investigate the issue, we will surely share updates with you regarding its resolution.

Hi,
all of the pdf files were originally created using Microsoft Office ‘Sava as pdf’ on different versions (office 2010/2013/2016/2019).
The document is confidential - I can send it to you but only via direct email (not via public chat) - please send me a specific email address and I’ll send the document.

I think we can agree that 2 hours is not acceptable - no matter how much the document is complex.
thanks,
yohai

@coen.yohai

We do understand your concerns and agree with you as well. We will surely address the issue as soon as we are able to replicate it in our environment.

You may please share your files in a private message so that it can only be accessible by Aspose Staff. Please click on username and press Blue Message Button in order to send a private message.

@coen.yohai

We were able to reproduce the issue in our environment while using the file that you have shared in private message. Hence, we have logged it as PDFNET-48572 in our issue tracking system. We will surely investigate this behavior of the API in detail and work on fixing it. You will be notified as soon as the investigation is completed and ticket is resolved. Please spare us some time.

Hi,
we can wait - but we must know if there any time frame for solving this issue (and what the time frame would be…).
It causing us a serious delay on our time frame and we must know if we should wait or to evaluate other alternatives for our needs.
Thank you!
yohai

@coen.yohai

We would like to share with you that performance-related issues are complex in nature and need a significant amount of time to get resolved. Furthermore, issues are resolved on first come first serve basis under free support model, unlike our priority support model where they are handled with high priority and are resolved on urgent basis.

We are really afraid that we cannot share any ETA or timeline at the moment. However, we will share with you as soon as we have some certain news in this regard. We highly appreciate your patience in this matter. Please give us some time.

we must know the time frame (days/weeks/months) for the solution - it’s not about inconvenience or my lack of patience - we need to know if we can trust aspose to solve this issue in a decent time - we bought the license 5 weeks ago and we can’t get any clear answer during the last 3 weeks…
I’m expecting to get clear answer ASAP.
thanks,
yohai

@coen.yohai

The earlier logged-tickets are not fully investigated yet and because of it, sharing some reliable ETA is difficult for us. However, we have recorded your concerns and will try to complete the initial investigation against the tickets in order to speculate their resolution time as soon as possible. We will soon share the proper ETA with you within this forum thread.

Hi,
i have noticed that both tickets were close :
PDFNET-48523 ---- Status : Closed
PDFNET-48572 ---- Status : Closed

could you please give me an update ?

@coen.yohai

We would like to share with you that both ticket have been resolved in Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.8 which is about to release. As soon as the fix-in version is published, we will send you a notification within this forum thread.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-48523,PDFNET-48572) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.8.