Aspose.PDF Slowness Saving PDF with IsHtmlTagSupported = true

I am evaluating the Aspose.PDF component for a client of mine to create PDF contracts within their web application.

I am currently running the trial version 7.9.0.0 (4/6/2013) of the library.

The client requirements are to convert a generated HTML to PDF. It works… but it takes 1 minute 50 seconds to generate a simple 7 page document. I have tested it with varying number of pages, and the time duration seems directly related to the number of pages. It takes about 15.7 seconds per page.

Is this a normal time frame for PDF generation using your component, or a limitation in the trial version? The client will be generating some rather large documents (100 to 1000 pages), so performance is going to be key with them.

This is my code snipet:

var pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf();

var section = pdf.Sections.Add();

section.IsLandscape = true;
section.PageInfo.Margin.Left = 37;
section.PageInfo.Margin.Right = 37;
section.PageInfo.Margin.Top= 37;
section.PageInfo.Margin.Bottom = 37;

//Create text paragraphs containing HTML text
var text = new Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Text(section, html)
{
IsHtmlTagSupported = true
};

//Add the text paragraphs containing HTML text to the section
section.Paragraphs.Add(text);

pdf.Save("“C:\TEMP\378331bb-89eb-4b02-a6a7-03a58ddc6e24-3.pdf”");

The HTML content being rendered is attached.

Thanks for the help!

Hi! Another user and myself have already raised the issue in the following post: Performance issue when building PDF with HTML tags

They have logged it in their tracking system and I have also asked for priority support on this. I hope it gets fixed soon because I am also in this situation where our reports take 1, 2 or even 3 minutes to make.

Have a nice day,

Jean-François Rouleau

Hi Jason,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.1.0 where I have used the code snippet and HTML contents which you have shared earlier with and as per my observations, the PDF file is being generated in 35 seconds. I have used the latest release with a valid product license.

Can you please try using the latest release version and also please request a 30 days Temporary license. For further information, please visit Get a temporary license.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

PS, I have used Visual Studio 2010 application running over Windows 7(X64) on Intel 3.4 Ghz machine with 4GB of RAM.

jeanfrancoisrouleau:
Hi! Another user and myself have already raised the issue in the following post: https://forum.aspose.com/t/84682

They have logged it in their tracking system and I have also asked for priority support on this. I hope it gets fixed soon because I am also in this situation where our reports take 1, 2 or even 3 minutes to make.
Hi Jean-François,

The development team is working on resolving the issue reported on above forum thread and as soon as we have some further updates regarding its resolution, we will keep you updated on same forum thread. Please be patient and spare us little time.