Aspose PDF VS Aspose Word for stuctured data

Hi,

We have requirements related to generating rich text content that can span many pages. This information will be built using trasactional data present in the system. This will have images and text in header, body with free flow text and tables, tables of content at the start of document or in intermediate pages, headings, etc. Our application needs to maintain such files in PDF format. The application is in ASP.Net.

I feel generating a Word document using Aspose Word for .Net and then converting it to PDF using Aspose word features would be preferred. My reasons include Word offers structure to the content, while PDF does not. Table of Content, headers etc. in Word are a first class citizen, but in PDF, they are just blocks of text. I suppose your PDF library has APIs to handle such need, as would your word library, but I would expect the Word solution to be sematically better and read better.

Do you have any recommendation or best practices with your Word and PDF libraries or any potential issues to watch out for in the approach I mentioned? Any performance considerations?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting support. Please note, both Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf APIs are mature enough to accomplish your requirements. Due to the different file formats, DOM of Word documents and PDF documents is very different, so the API of Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf is very different. However, if you are comfortable with Aspose.Words API, then you may use it in your Web applications. There are no any potential issues. The performance of the Aspose.Words API is also well tuned. If you come across any problem, then please immediately post complete details of the use case in the Aspose.Words Product Family forum and provide the required source files for the investigation purposes so that we could replicate the problem on our side too. Please let us know in case of any confusion or questions.