Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Powerpoint License within Aspose.Slides

HI there,

We needed to do a service pack for our product and I have just downloaded the new Aspose.Slides component. I removed the old reference to Powerpoint and Added the AsposeSlides reference and then did a global search and replace.

It all worked first time... Except for the fact that now our generated ppt's now have EvaluationVersionOnly.

Do I need to get my AsposePowerpoint license upgraded to Aspose.Slides? There is no error when it reads the embedded license file.

Hello,

If you purchased Aspose.PowerPoint more than year ago then probably your subscription has finished and you can’t upgrade to last versions of Aspose.Slides.
In this case you have to contact our sales and renew the license.

Hi,

We have renewed the Aspose.PowerPoint License, its valid till 2007. But when we used for Aspose.Slides still showing evaulation/copy right message. Do we need to rename Aspose.PowerPoint.lic to Aspose.Slides.lic?

Thanks

Amit

Hi,

Are you working together with “cwad” or simply have the same problem?
You don’t need to rename license files but if you use embedded license then probably
you should embed new file instead of old one. Check how you call SetLicense method.

Hi,

we are using the following code to read license file.

Aspose.Slides.License license = new Aspose.Slides.License();

try

{

license.SetLicense("Aspose.PowerPoint.lic");

}

catch (Exception)

{

//Ignore exceptions.

}

license.SetLicense("Aspose.PowerPoint.lic");

We are using both Slides and PDF license file. If we try to convert Slides to PDF , same evaluation message showing up.

Thanks

Amit

Dear Amit,

1. Check product name and expiration date in the new license file.
2. Delete old license file to be sure Aspose.Slides loads new one.

If you use Presentation.SaveToPdf method for ppt2pdf conversion
you don’t need Aspose.Pdf with license.