Aspose renderer splits row into several rows if text cannot be fitted to a single page

Hi All,

I am not sure, but looks like i found an issue in Aspose Words for Reporting Services. ver 4.1.0

Problem is: when we have a very large text in a table cell we expect to see it in a single row, but aspose renderer splits this row into several rows if text cannot be fitted to a single page. I attached some mockup image.
Also, i attached MS Word document and RDL file.

Can somebody clarify this logic? Any workarounds and etc…

Thanks in advance.
Sviatoslav

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-165. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Thank you very mach!
Can you announce the approximate release date of the new Aspose.Words for Reporting Services?

Thanks,
Sviatoslav

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that new versions of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services come out at the end of every quarter of the year. I would like to share with you that issues are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve basis. Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will update you via this forum thread once your issue is resolved.

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for your patience. It
is to update you that our development team has completed the
analysis of your issue (WORDSRPT-165) and has come to a conclusion that this issue has
been closed with ‘‘Won’t Fix’’ resolution. I am quoting the developers comments here for your reference.

*Please open Word.doc and then decrease manually the width of 1st column (to the width which is set in report designer). This will lead to appropriate increasing the overall height of the cell/row. But the cell/row is NOT splitted, it is just propagated to the next page. You can check this by switching to draft mode (View/Document Views/Draft) and see that there is only ONE row still.

So what is client think as row split is just break of the same cell/row to the next page.

Note that during export to internal (Word) format the cell width is increased with respect to designed width. I think this is not correct. Export to Aspose format does not increase the cell width. That’s why content doesn’t fit at one page and therefore the rest of the cell is moved to next page.*

Guys,
That’s ridiculous! You’ve been looking into the bug for a year and a half and came up with such lame resolution!
It’s definitely an issue. It’s an issue we struggling from for a past 4 years. And I’m tired of making adhoc fixes for it. It was an issue in 2003 version, it’s still there in 2012, nothing changes.

It’s obvious this is an issue from the snapshot posted in the very first post. “Test” on the 2nd column is displayed twice in each table when it has to appear once. And there’s a border displayed between the cells, which proves a table has 2 rows.

Please find a snapshot of Aspose Document Explorer attached, which shows each table has 2 rows when there should be only one.

Hope you’ll change your resolution and finally fix it.

Best regards, Sviatoslav

Hi Sviatoslav,

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience.

Please use Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.4.0 at your end and let us know how it goes on your side. Hope this helps you. I have attached the output document generated by using Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.4.0 with this post for your kind reference.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Tahir,

We cannot use version 4.4.0 due to WORDSRPT-206 (Grouping with HTML markup type - ASPOSE 4.4.0)

Please assist.

Sorry for delay.

Thanks,
Sviatoslav

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will update you via this forum thread once WORDSRPT-206 is resolved. Thanks for your patience.