Aspose.Report and Aspose.Chart - C# .NET 4

My organisation has been using Aspose.Report for a number of years and until recently we had assumed there was an upgrade path to Aspose.Chart. Speaking with Aspose directly today we have been told the .Report and .Chart components have been discontinued.

Currently we have an ageing application infrastructure built around C# .NET 2.0 with Aspose.Report.

One of our upgrade paths available is to .NET 4 but I cannot find any documentation on the support pages about compatibility with .NET 4.

Grateful for any pointers on this - we don't want to be forced into keeping .NET 2.0 just to be able to continue our Aspose.Report functionality - as we have wider application issues outside of the Aspose component that need to be addressed with a more recent version of the .NET Framework.

What I'm looking for is some technical compatibility evidence for .Report and .Chart against .NET 4.0.

Also if there is a web link for any official notification from Aspose on the discontinued products that would really help for evidential purposes (internal review).

Many thanks.

Hi Richard,

Aspose.Report for .NET has been tested with .NET 4.0 and no compatibility issues were found so you can use the same DLLs with .NET 4.0 without any compatibility issues.

Please visit this link http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/policies/discontinued-products.aspx for discontinued product and feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

Thanks very much for the speedy reply - much appreciated.

Is the .Net 4 compatibility an "offical" Aspose statement or the results of informal developer testing ?

Hi Richard,

We had tested and included the DLLs for .NET 4.0 and 4.0 Client Profile in the latest releases before discontinuing the product so you can consider it as an official statement. If you have an older version of the product, you can still use the DLLs from bin\net2.0 folder because these DLLs have also been tested with .NET 4.0.

Best Regards,