Aspose Slides 1.5.0 with JasperServer v4.0

Hi,

We are testing JasperServer v4.0 and wanted to try the PPT export. The resulting PPT document is very blur. We had this problem for a long time (see -> <A href="</A>).</P> <P>Is there any configuration we can make to have a better quality image ?</P>

Hi Grégory,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

We regret to inform you that Aspose.Slides for JasperReports has not any configuration to increase image quality.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hello,

So, it's really not possible to have a better image quality ? For us, it's not possible to use these generated PPT files and we will look for another solution.

Hi Grégory,

Please accept my apology for late response. Our development team will look into this issue. We have logged this issue as SLIDESJSPR-25931 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

Is there any news about the issue ? Can you give me an update?

Thank you

Hi Grégory,

We are unable to share the ETA for this issue at the
moment. However, I have asked our development team to share the ETA of
this issue. You will be updated via this forum thread once we get
a clear idea of the time and effort required for this
issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

Me again. Still no news ? Can you give me informations about this issue ? We are about to look for another way to export our reports as PPT documents.

Thank you.

Hi Gregory,

Apologies for the delay in providing the solution and hence the inconvenience.

Our development team has suggested a solution for increasing the image quality. The Support Team is verifying that solution and will share with you once it is proved.

Kind Regards

Thanks for your feedback.

We are looking forward for a solution for this issue. We have to provide reports in ppt and word formats.

I suppose your solution will also work for word format.

The possibility of setting the image quality could offer a good solution for us. That way we can solve any futur identical problems by ourselves (e.g. if the printer definition changes, we can adapt the quality of the layout).

Grégory

Hi Gregory,

Please accept my apology for late response.

You can write a chart renderer factory which produces rasterized images adjusted for a certain DPI. Jasper Reports already includes a chart renderer factory that produces rasterized images, so using that as a starting point we can write something like the class ImageDPIChartRendererFactory.java. Please find this class in attachment. This class uses a property called net.sf.jasperreports.chart.dpi which provides the desired chart image resolution.

To use this chart renderer factory, the following properties need to be set in jasperreports.properties:
net.sf.jasperreports.chart.render.type=image_dpi
net.sf.jasperreports.chart.renderer.factory.image_dpi=jr.ImageDPIChartRendererFactory
net.sf.jasperreports.chart.dpi=96

Please find jasperreports.properties file in attachment. I have also attached sample presentation files after applying this solution (BarChartReport-Improved.ppt, XYLineChartReport-improved.ppt).