Aspose.slides 2.2 not working on Linux (for .ppt) & 2.1 version is not generating text for .pptx

Hi,
With Aspose.slides 2.2 in Linux in Tomcat
(Headless), while converting .PPT files to
Thumbnails, we are getting HeadlessException
(If -Djava.awt.headless=true is set) otherwise it shows exception about
“getting display system”.

I got this forum-post,
Problems with 2.2.0 for Java - #14 by plastictoast - Free Support Forum - aspose.com
but not able to figure out how to see the progress on
ISSUE-ID16690

So, I tried to generate Thumbnails with version
2.1 , and It turns out that .ppt works well. But in .pptx it throws
NullPointerException for some slides…

And In Linux
(Irrespective of version 2.1 or 2.2) , Conversion to .JPG results in
complete black output, and if it is converted to .PNG, it only shows
Images, no text in slide thumbnails are visible.

I have attached
test program with all setup in Attached zip file.
It contains
commands.txt, which contains all the commands.
* 2 .jar file, one for
2.1 and another for 2.2
* src folder
* 2 presentations, 1 .ppt
and 1 .pptx
* and empty output folder, where thumbnails will be
stored when commands are executed.

Thanks,
Nachiket

Dear Nachiket,

I would like to inform you the issue of Headless Exception in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.2.0 has been fixed in the upcoming version of Aspose.Slides for Java 2.3.0 and hopefully soon, it will be available online. This thread has also been linked with the issue 16690, so that you may be automatically notified once the issue is resolved.

I have also verified the thumbnail generation for both PPT and PPTX presentations using Aspose.Slides for Java 2.2.0 and they are rendered fine. You may please try using the latest available version of Aspose.Slides for Java 2.2.0. Moreover, Our development team will look into the issue of thumbnail generation in Linux environment as well and a separate issue with ID 18168 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate the issue.

We are thankful to you for sharing your observation and are sorry for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16690) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-18168) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-18168) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)