Applying POT or POTX as template to PPT or PPTX (C# .NET)

Hello,

I am currently evaluating Aspose.Slides Java for adding images to ppt/pptx depending on the parameter passed. I also need to apply a pot/potx as a template. This is also dependent on parameter passed by user.

The images which I intend to add to the output would be placed in a particular directory and I will be iterating through the directory and picking up the images to add to slide/slidex depending on the output requested.

How can this be done? I was trying to find sample code for this.

In case the potx is to be applied as a template but the output should be ppt, what can be done.
I tried looking into the forum but haven’t yet been able to find samples.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Hrishi

If some one could direct me to some sample java codes for the above, it would be great could save a lot of my time.

Thanks,
Hrishi

Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the problem statement shared by you and like to share that Aspose.Slides for Java offers the solution for this to you.

hrishikesh.joshi:

I am currently evaluating Aspose.Slides Java for adding images to ppt/pptx depending on the parameter passed. I also need to apply a pot/potx as a template. This is also dependent on parameter passed by user.

Aspose.Slides for Java allows to open both POT and POTX presentation templates in your application. Aspose.Slides for Java has two separate API that are part of one package to mange PPT and PPTX file formats.

You can open any number of different template instance using Presentation and PresentationEX class objects. There are two approaches that you can follow to achieve your goal of selecting appropriate template. If you want to use the single template (POT/POOTX) for particular user then you can load the desired template based on user input and then perform your desired operation on that and save that as PPT or PPTX depending on template type.

If you want to use multiple templates in your output presentation then we offer slide cloning feature which allows you to copy the slides with in presentation or from other presentation. Using slide cloning you can clone template slides from desired templates in your output presentation and save the final presentation.

For slides manipulation and cloning in PPT please follow link 1 and link 2. Please follow link 3 and link 4 for slide manipulation and cloning respectively in PPTX.

hrishikesh.joshi:

The images which I intend to add to the output would be placed in a particular directory and I will be iterating through the directory and picking up the images to add to slide/slidex depending on the output requested.

You can select the image from any directory location and can be added in Slide/SlideEx using picture frames. Please follow the link 5 for PPT picture frame addition and link 6 for PPTX picture frames addition.

hrishikesh.joshi:

In case the potx is to be applied as a template but the output should be ppt, what can be done.I tried looking into the forum but haven’t yet been able to find samples.

I am sorry to share that at the moment the support for inter conversion between PPT and PPTX file formats is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Java. However, the feature of using PPTX and saving that as PPT is available in Aspose.Slides for .NET. In Aspose.Slides for Java we are hopeful that next release may include this functionality.

Please share with us, if I may help you any further.

Thanks and Regards,

@mudassir.fayyaz links are not working please provide me new working links.

Thanks
Vishal Gupta

@guvishalprdxn,

I request you to please provide your requirements as the this thread is very old and belong to our legacy API which is no longer supported. Therefore, please share your requirements so that we my proceed further to help you.

I have 2 pptx files. I want to exchange their theme using aspose.slide.

@guvishalprdxn,

Can you please share source file. We will investigate this on our end to help you out.

I have resolved the issue exchange the master layout of both.

Thanks For your support @Adnan.Ahmad and @mudassir.fayyaz .

@guvishalprdxn,

You are very welcome.