Aspose.Slides.dll Ver 14.3.0.0 ppt to pptx make the pptx corrupted

Hello,

I tried to convert attached PPT files to PPTX with Aspose.Slides.dll Ver 14.3.0.0, but the pptx files are corrupted - cannot be open, when the original ppt files can be open.
(We have a valid license)

this is sample of the code:

Aspose.Slides.License slideslicense = new Aspose.Slides.License();
MemoryStream memStream = new MemoryStream(ConvertPPTAspose.Properties.Resources.Aspose_Total);
slideslicense.SetLicense(memStream);
string sourceFile = args[0];
string sourceType = Path.GetExtension(sourceFile).Trim(new char[] { ‘.’ });
string strTargetFile = args[1];
string targetType = Path.GetExtension(strTargetFile).Trim(new char[] { ‘.’ });
Aspose.Slides.LoadOptions options = new Aspose.Slides.LoadOptions(Aspose.Slides.LoadFormat.Ppt);
Presentation pres = new Presentation(sourceFile, options);
pres.Save(strTargetFile, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

Thanks,
Roi

Hi Roi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have worked with presentations set shared by you on my end. I have been able to observe the presentation repair message appearing for generated PPTX presentations. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-35364 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve this on our end. I have not been able to observe the presentation repair message for presentations Analytical Thinking Training.pptx and scorecard_workshop.pptx on my end. I am using PowerPoint 2010 Version 14.0.7106.5001 (64 bit) on my end to open the presentations. For your kind reference, I have attached the generated presentation files as well. If you sill have issue on your end with Analytical Thinking Training.pptx and scorecard_workshop.pptx while opening then please share the PowerPoint version used on your end that is reproducing the issue on your end.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudssir,
Thanks for your answer.
I tried to open the files you had sent, but i succeed to open only:
scorecard_workshop.pptx
I tried to open all of the files on:
PowerPoint 2010 (Ver 14.0.6023.1000 32-bit)
PowerPoint 2013 (Ver 15.0.4613.1000 64-bit)
Roi

Hi Roi,

Thanks for your updates. Can you please confirm as well that with specified PowerPoint versions you are not able to open any presentation or able to open them with a presentation repair message.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudssir,
Thanks for your answer.
The pptx files that you sent in Deck.rar can be open (after a Repair message...)
but the files that I tried to convert to PPTX with Aspose.Slides.dll Ver 14.3.0.0 cannot be open even after repair message.
But why do we have to get a repair message at all?
Roi.

Hi Roi,

I have observed the comments shared by you and like to share that the issue associated with this thread has been added to resolve the presentation repair messages for the generated presentations. Can you please share the presentation files generated on your end that failed to open even. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,
Hi Mudassir,
I have attached them.
Thanks,
Roi.

Hi Roi,

I have tried opening the shared presentation files on my end and have been able to observe the issue on my end. Can you please create and provide the sample project with which you are able to generate the corrupted presentations. I will try to use the sample project on my end to reproduce the same and help you further. As you can observe in the presentation files shared by me, they were getting opened in PowerPoint on your end but with Repair message.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir
I have attached the solution (you just have to put the license file in the "Resource" folder in
the solution, and to link it (right-click on the project -> Properties -> Resources)).
In addition, I have attached the pptx that can be opend after Repair message
Thanks,
Roi

Hi Roi,

Many Thanks for sharing the sample project with us. I have used the same on my end with little modification and have observed no corrupted presentations as you are obtaining on your end. The only issue that I encountered is presentation repair message appearing for some of generated presentations. In order to cater this requirement we have already logged an issue with ID SLIDESNET-35364 in our issue tracking system. I am using Windows 7 x64 on my end to verify the samples. You may please also try using the attached sample project and try opening the generated presentations as well. If you are still reprooducing the issue with attached sample project then please share with us along with complete Operating System and .NET frame details with us. I will then add a separate ticket for this in our issue tracking system.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

1. Is there something new about SLIDESNET-35364?

2. I’ve tried again with Aspose.Slides.dll version 14.10.0 (the latest version) and I’m still getting the repair message…

This is the (simple) code:

var options = new Aspose.Slides.LoadOptions(Aspose.Slides.LoadFormat.Ppt);
var pres = new Presentation(“xxxx.ppt”, options);
pres.Save(“xxxx.pptx”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

3. I’m using Windows 7 x64 on my end too, .Net 3.5, Aspose.Slides.dll version 14.10.0

Please your help,

Thanks,

Roi

Hi Roi,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that issue shared has not yet been resolved. I have raised the priority of the issue to High and have requested our development team to kindly schedule the issue for investigation and resolution. We will share the good news with you as soon as further feedback will be shared by our development team.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,